Strange, Scary Behavior?

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author
hermiwormi

Strange, Scary Behavior?

Post by hermiwormi » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:59 pm

My crab Ozark came back up and did something really odd today.

He pulled a gold mouth turbo shell into the fw pool and climbed out of his original gold mouth shell, changing in the pool after being out of his shell for a bit.

I have never seen anything like this. He isn't showing any other weird behavior or signs of illness. He's doing great right now, still as active as usual, eating, digging, and hiding.

I'm very confused as to why he was out of his shell in the fw for as long as he was, and why he changed in the water. It scared me.

5 PPs: Koa, Moja, Siam, Chella, and Ozark

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Strange, Scary Behavior?

Post by aussieJJDude » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:29 am

If he is behaving fine afterwards, I would just keep an eye on him and say its 'crabs being crabs'... sometimes they just do weird things and enjoy scaring us!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
hermiwormi

Re: Strange, Scary Behavior?

Post by hermiwormi » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:39 pm

aussieJJDude wrote:If he is behaving fine afterwards, I would just keep an eye on him and say its 'crabs being crabs'... sometimes they just do weird things and enjoy scaring us!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
He's still alright, even today. He flicked Siam off the rock leading to the wheel today, so he's definitely fine... Image

5 PPs: Koa, Moja, Siam, Chella, and Ozark