Bored Crab

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author
avocadocrabbies

Bored Crab

Post by avocadocrabbies » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:56 pm

I am currently in the process of upsizing tanks (20gal to 50gal) but I have to wait until Saturday to get the sand and rest of supplies due to late shipments etc. I currently have four crabbies, and the most of active, Sandy, has been lurking in the far end of the tank. Normally she's a climber, but I took a lot of stuff out of the tank to bake and prepare it for the new one- so there's a lot less stuff to do. I tried to add some fun by letting her walk on a towel on my bed, but putting her back in, I noticed she got stressed and backed up against the corner of a tank real fast (I think I scared her). So anyway, it's probably going to be a few days to a week before everybody gets moved to the 50gal, and Sandy looks kind of depressed. Any ideas for what I could do to make the next (and last) few days in the 20gal a little more interesting?
four crabbies: Pool Guy, Karen, Hurricane Sandy, Igor- 3 PPs and an E :)

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Bored Crab

Post by curlysister » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:10 pm

She'll be fine for a few days without much to climb.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers