Crabby contemplation

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author
Shiwe

Crabby contemplation

Post by Shiwe » Fri May 29, 2020 11:31 pm

I got a new pp to try and dither the two others that have been under the surface for quiet some time. I'll let you guys if that works lol. But my question about him is he does maybe two seconds of activity and then pauses for five seconds, not even moving his antennae, and then two seconds of activity again--and repeat. Is this him being weak from the pet store? He also seems to like to get himself wedged between decor and the glass; because he has one of those conch like shells, wide and awkward. I'm wondering if hes not too bright lol.

Crabby7Crabber

Re: Crabby contemplation

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sat May 30, 2020 8:32 pm

It could be from his experience at the pet store. It could also be because he's just settling. Or, there's always the chance he's just a silly crab (some of mine aren't the sharpest tools in the sheds. They enjoy trapping themselves in tight spaces too!). If, when he was at the pet store, it was usually crowded, maybe it's possible that he's so used to movement, so now that he's in a calmer place it's almost... unsettling? Not sure. Hopefully someone more experienced can share their thoughts. As long as he seems to be active, he should be okay. I hope your crabbies underground are doing alright!
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

Crabby7Crabber

Re: Crabby contemplation

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sat May 30, 2020 8:32 pm

It could be from his experience at the pet store. Or, there's always the chance he's just a silly crab (some of mine aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. They enjoy trapping themselves in tight spaces too!). If, when he was at the pet store, it was usually crowded, maybe it's possible that he's so used to movement, so now that he's in a calmer place it's almost... unsettling? Not sure. Hopefully someone more experienced can share their thoughts. As long as he seems to be active, he should be okay. I hope your crabbies underground are doing alright!
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺