Puzzle cube

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Puzzle cube

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:29 pm

Just wanted to share a pic of my crab using the puzzle cube that I bought on etsy from (I'm pretty sure) xeno and motorcrab! It's been a big hit so far. Image

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Crabby7Crabber

Re: Puzzle cube

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:08 pm

Gotta get me one of them! :D
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:27 pm

So cute! I love how they flip, roll, and pick at them. Such a great enrichment for them.

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:51 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote:So cute! I love how they flip, roll, and pick at them. Such a great enrichment for them.
Yeah anytime i can give my crabs some enrichment I'm down for it. I want to have one that only has holes on 2 sides so it's even more challenging.

Julsie

Post by Julsie » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:57 am

What does it do? Is it like a dog treat holder toy but for crabs? It looks cool. I love adding new stuff to the tank and seeing my crabs interact with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:25 am

ROSIEonFIRE wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:51 pm
Yeah anytime i can give my crabs some enrichment I'm down for it. I want to have one that only has holes on 2 sides so it's even more challenging.

I'm glad your crabs like the cube. Our newest revision we started to make them with three holes rather than six. I was thinking about cutting one or maybe two holes. It's easy enough to add more. I'm just worried about someone cutting themselves adding a holes then trying to blame us.

We are reopening our shop tomorrow evening. We shut down about a month ago to make a presentation for Crab Con and build up our shop inventory. That's why I haven't been on here much recently. I think we have close to 200 cubes in stock! We have a few new things too. If you want anything special order like a cube with one hole shoot us a message. It may take a little longer to get it to you due to both of us having to work.
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:24 am

My crabs love them as well! The've been a big hit! I have six of them (two for each crabitat) They are all empty by morning. I bought these along with a couple of their bridges. :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:55 am

Motörcrab wrote: I'm glad your crabs like the cube. Our newest revision we started to make them with three holes rather than six. I was thinking about cutting one or maybe two holes. It's easy enough to add more. I'm just worried about someone cutting themselves adding a holes then trying to blame us.

We are reopening our shop tomorrow evening. We shut down about a month ago to make a presentation for Crab Con and build up our shop inventory. That's why I haven't been on here much recently. I think we have close to 200 cubes in stock! We have a few new things too. If you want anything special order like a cube with one hole shoot us a message. It may take a little longer to get it to you due to both of us having to work.
I wouldnt worry about ppl being upset if they cut themselves trying to add more holes. You'd have to be a lunatic to tell at someone over that. Besides, they would theoretically be ordering the cube with less holes so itd be on them if they wanted to change it.

I also think u should try some triangles!

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:00 am

Triangles would be great Rosie!!

I would also suggest making larger ones. I have a couple of jumbos, and they pinched one of my cubes open trying to get the popcorn. They are like that though! They've also pinched the mesh on my wheels too!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:04 am

GotButterflies wrote:Triangles would be great Rosie!!

I would also suggest making larger ones. I have a couple of jumbos, and they pinched one of my cubes open trying to get the popcorn. They are like that though! They've also pinched the mesh on my wheels too!
That is so cute! Crabs gotta pinch I guess!

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:35 am

GotButterflies wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:00 am
Triangles would be great Rosie!!

I was debating on a larger size, maybe 1-1/2" square? Trying to keep multiple colors of each size make it difficult to keep a big inventory in a lot of colors. we usually use a sheet of mesh per color. We ended up making micro-cubes for tiny crabs. They are about 1/2" square and only available in our Special Delivery Baby Bundle.

You could try to open the holes on half the sides, maybe 3x4 squares instead of 3x3 to allow the jumbo's easier access.

I've been trying to think of something to attach the cubes to, like a suspended teeter totter. Kind of like the squirrel feeders that spin when a squirrel jumps on it.

I think I may experiment with making a triangle tonight. It may be a bit funky since the mesh squares won't align great.

AwesomeHermit

Post by AwesomeHermit » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:34 pm

I’m gonna try making one!
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:44 pm

That is an idea Motörcrab. But then again...if I wanted to do them myself, I wouldn't have ordered them! LOL

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:08 pm

Very true! We have a few crabs that use the mesh as a stress reliever similar to a stress ball.
In a few weeks you may be able to ordered these instead! This is our first prototype! It will take a few adjustments, but I think they will work!Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:10 pm

Motörcrab wrote:Very true! We have a few crabs that use the mesh as a stress reliever similar to a stress ball.
In a few weeks you may be able to ordered these instead! This is our first prototype! It will take a few adjustments, but I think they will work!Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Wow! Looks great! The funny thing is I meant it would be great to get a cube with triangle shaped holes in it but rereading my post I obviously didnt make that clear. I love this idea though!