Kinda weird

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Kinda weird

Post by Hermiesguardian » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:54 am

One of my crabs has been sitting on the shelf in the corner for over a week. Doesn't seem to move. The other day I finally took him out to see if he was alive and he was. I decided to place him in the moss pit on the other side of the tank. If he was hungry he could nibble on the moss. A very short time later he climbed out of the pit and made his way back to that corner where it looks like all he does is sleep.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Wlfwo

Re: Kinda weird

Post by Wlfwo » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:27 am

Crabs are just weird. And who knows what all they have stored in their shell. Might not have to move for a month. LOL

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

I can hear my 75g whispering from the barn.

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:50 am

Wlfwo wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:27 am
Crabs are just weird. And who knows what all they have stored in their shell. Might not have to move for a month. LOL

Haha. That's true.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:07 am

Yes, crabs are weird. My Brevi likes to sit in the corner of the tank and watch my box turtle in her tank. He does that all day.
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:45 pm

I ended up turning on their 2nd heater at the other end of the tank. Lo and behold, he moved over and even had a really long drink of saltwater. Even though the heat was pretty much at 77 I guess he likes it warmer.

Wlfwo

Post by Wlfwo » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:41 am

Picky little beggars, aren't they? LOL

I can hear my 75g whispering from the barn.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:18 pm

I have always found my crabs to be extremely active with the warmer temps :) I keep my tanks between 80-85 :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com