Yay! My Hermit Crabs are pooping!

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author
Nate the great

Yay! My Hermit Crabs are pooping!

Post by Nate the great » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:01 pm

I'd like to thank everyone who has posted the vast quantities of useful info on this site; my crabs are going to be a lot healthier because of it.
I got them Friday, and I've spent all weekend getting advice from old post on this form. Based on the suggestions from the food subforum I replaced the commercial hermie food with a mix of fruits, veggies, and a crushed up Doritos for dessert.

I was cleaning out the food dish this morning and I noticed that my 7 hermies appear to have pooped their own body mass - over night. Good; I was getting worried. Clearly they don't like the commercial hermie food.

This is my second attempt to have hermies; the first was part of a kit that used one of those too small plastic "habitats" that you see in pet stores. My current hermies are in 29 gallon terrarium (sensors, climbing things, both water dishes, 4" to 6" of sand, the works).

P.S. I don't know which is stranger, the title of this post or the fact that it's not out of place on this forum.
Currently the caretaker for:
13 hermies in 37G, 26G bow front

I build websites, and blog about ebooks.

kuza

Re: Yay! My Hermit Crabs are pooping!

Post by kuza » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:11 pm

gratz, it's sign :-)

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:44 am

The HCA, where we celebrate poop! Congrats! :banana:
We're not asked to do great things, we're asked to do all things with great care.
Rocky's Reptile Rescue: https://www.facebook.com/RockysReptileRescue
Stop the demand. End the trade.

CrabbyMom33

Post by CrabbyMom33 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:03 pm

Welcome to the HCA! Where else could you possible go and that subject would be good news? :hlol:
Owner of 8 PPs, 2 Compressus, 4 Straws

SoulLonely

Post by SoulLonely » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:57 pm

Congrats on the poop! :D
PP- Currie (boy), Turnip (boy), Maddie (boy), Pineapple (girl), Scaredy (boy), Tremble (girl), Bitty Bite (girl), Frisky (unknown), Chloe (male), Big&Beautiful (female), unnamed (male), 3 unnamed (unknown)
E-Donkey (male), Sprinte (unknown)