What am I doing wrong?

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.
User avatar

Topic author
bbcraft22
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:09 pm

What am I doing wrong?

Post by bbcraft22 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:35 am

I have three hermit crabs, and two are very inactive. The pictures are pictures of my tank. please leave me feedback on what I should do.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." -Jon Bunyan

User avatar

KayedeeLove<3
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 10:34 pm

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:46 am

Is your only source of food on second level? Also, it'd be more beneficial if you posted the emergency template questions?

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

User avatar

PinchersAndShells
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1341
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:02 pm
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by PinchersAndShells » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:40 pm

What size is your tank?
KayedeeLove<3 wrote:Is your only source of food on second level? Also, it'd be more beneficial if you posted the emergency template questions?

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
I agree, it'd be more help to fill out the template.
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Merle, Dottie, & Elvis
3 Captive Bred Babies = Randy, Roxie, Marco
37 + 10 Gallon Crabitats | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/

User avatar

Topic author
bbcraft22
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:09 pm

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by bbcraft22 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:23 pm

KayedeeLove<3 wrote:Is your only source of food on second level?

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
nope. There is 3 food bowls. 1 fresh on each level, and one commercial food (I checked the ingredients) on the lower level.
"You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." -Jon Bunyan

User avatar

KayedeeLove<3
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 10:34 pm

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:39 pm

Well your tank looks great!! What is your temp and humidity like?

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

User avatar

Topic author
bbcraft22
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:09 pm

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by bbcraft22 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:41 pm

humidity is usually 86%,

temperature is about 83 Farenheit
"You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." -Jon Bunyan

User avatar

Topic author
bbcraft22
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:09 pm

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by bbcraft22 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:42 pm

KayedeeLove<3 wrote:Also, it'd be more beneficial if you posted the emergency template questions?

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
Well, technicly it isn't am emergency.
"You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." -Jon Bunyan

User avatar

isadoraisacat
Posts: 673
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:18 pm
Location: new brunswick, NJ

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by isadoraisacat » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:47 pm

Have you tried a moon light to watch you crabs at night to see if their active at night ? My set up is pretty much by the book and my guys only are active at night like crazy active having a moon light helped me be able to see how active they actually are after dark.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

User avatar

KayedeeLove<3
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 10:34 pm

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:55 pm

bbcraft22 wrote:
KayedeeLove<3 wrote:Also, it'd be more beneficial if you posted the emergency template questions?

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
Well, technicly it isn't am emergency.
Yes, but it will allow us to see if anything seems off or could be the provocation for your problem. It can be posted here it doesn't have to be in the emergency section. Also, as mentioned above. Some of my crabs only make an appearance after 2 a.m. They are mostly nocturnal!

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

User avatar

isadoraisacat
Posts: 673
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:18 pm
Location: new brunswick, NJ

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by isadoraisacat » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:57 pm

KayedeeLove<3 wrote:
bbcraft22 wrote:
KayedeeLove<3 wrote:Also, it'd be more beneficial if you posted the emergency template questions?

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
Well, technicly it isn't am emergency.
Yes, but it will allow us to see if anything seems off or could be the provocation for your problem. It can be posted here it doesn't have to be in the emergency section. Also, as mentioned above. Some of my crabs only make an appearance after 2 a.m. They are mostly nocturnal!

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
That's why I'm suggesting they get a moon lite to see how active they are at night. Their nocturnal creatures most likely their running a muck at night and are fine.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

User avatar

KayedeeLove<3
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 10:34 pm

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:32 pm

I agree it couldn't hurt though in worst case scenario :)

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

User avatar

isadoraisacat
Posts: 673
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:18 pm
Location: new brunswick, NJ

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by isadoraisacat » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:39 pm

KayedeeLove<3 wrote:I agree it couldn't hurt though in worst case scenario :)

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
Nope all we can do is offer suggestions and trouble shoot

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

User avatar

KayedeeLove<3
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 10:34 pm

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:44 pm

isadoraisacat wrote:
KayedeeLove<3 wrote:I agree it couldn't hurt though in worst case scenario :)

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
Nope all we can do is offer suggestions and trouble shoot

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
;)

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

User avatar

Topic author
bbcraft22
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:09 pm

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by bbcraft22 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:42 am

KayedeeLove<3 wrote:
bbcraft22 wrote:
KayedeeLove<3 wrote:Also, it'd be more beneficial if you posted the emergency template questions?

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
Well, technicly it isn't am emergency.
Some of my crabs only make an appearance after 2 a.m. They are mostly nocturnal!

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
I figured out Shelly, my second shyest, comes out about six thirty-ish.
"You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." -Jon Bunyan

User avatar

KayedeeLove<3
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 10:34 pm

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:16 am

Yay :)
Im glad they are ok!

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Post Reply