Bob and Shelly or Fred?

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
bbcraft22

Bob and Shelly or Fred?

Post by bbcraft22 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:57 pm

As you might know, Bob and Shelly were always in the same spot for several days. So I removed the second floor, and Bob and Shelly are out and about, but it looks like Fred switched places. Now he is lazy and I don't knowe whether i should add back the second floor or not.
"You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." -Jon Bunyan

Rawrgeous

Re: Bob and Shelly or Fred?

Post by Rawrgeous » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:54 am

Try to remember crabs are nocturnal, and you aren't likely to see them out and about much during the day. Mine have lazy days where they hardly move. They also have favorites sleeping spots they go back to after wandering at night. New crabs are usually pretty inactive, they're stilling getting a feel for their environment,and recovering from a long stressful journey before they got to your home. Just try to wait it out, and keep your conditions good and try to not stress too much. Hermit crabs are a great lesson in patience. lol

Topic author
bbcraft22

Post by bbcraft22 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:54 pm

now it is the second(?) day and he is out and about climbing the others as normal :)
"You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." -Jon Bunyan

MrTeacherDude

Post by MrTeacherDude » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:48 pm

I just moved all 4 of mine to a 75G from a 35G tall Hex about a week ago. I didn't see a single crab until yesterday. They were (apparently) all in the moss pits, except at nights Today, they were all over the place right before I left.