Video Cameras in Crabitats

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Video Cameras in Crabitats

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:48 am

RiNiKy506 wrote:I ordered mine this morning, thank you all for the info. I got a 4 year protection plan for $2.31, I figured I couldn’t go wrong with that.

Did you get the pan or the regular?
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:49 am

LeeHasCrabs wrote:I honestly think the camera is my smartest purchase! My crabs usually hide and/or bury themselves during the day and only come out at night. So, this is a way for me to tell they’re alive, who’s coming up at night, and what they’re eating... as well as entertaining. When I go to bed at night, I’ll usually lay in bed and watch my live feed through the Wyze app on my phone for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, you can watch from live feed!? That is awesome! Definitely going to be happy with that bc I love to watch them. It’ll be nice to be able to watch them without scaring them and waiting for them to start moving again.

♡ Rod ♡ Salty ♡ Bob ♡ Squirt ♡ Crabina ♡
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers »-♡->

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:50 am

GotButterflies wrote:
RiNiKy506 wrote:I ordered mine this morning, thank you all for the info. I got a 4 year protection plan for $2.31, I figured I couldn’t go wrong with that.

I just got the regular, I figured it would be better bc that’s what everyone has and I know it’ll be a good cam.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:58 am

Nice! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:07 am

GotButterflies wrote:I really want to get one - and will one of these days - but I know I would spend TOO much time watching the feed!!! :) LOL
That could easily happen but I fast foward through it. I stop when I see them doing something. If I see food or a dish moved I rewind to see what they did. So 8hrs of video takes about 10, 15 minutes to go through. Not too bad.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:11 am

RiNiKy506 wrote:
GotButterflies wrote:

I just got the regular, I figured it would be better bc that’s what everyone has and I know it’ll be a good cam.

The pan makes a little noise as it pans. So I don't know if that would bother the crabs.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:17 am

Hermiesguardian wrote: The pan makes a little noise as it pans. So I don't know if that would bother the crabs.
That’s good to know, I’m glad I got the regular one then. I was thinking that they would see it move and stop what they were doing, like when they see me approach the tank. Unless it is inside the casing and moves inside of itself, if what I’m trying to say makes sense. Image

Topic author
LeeHasCrabs

Post by LeeHasCrabs » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:16 pm

For those interested, Wyze came out with a limited edition matte black v2 cam. I just picked 2 up for myself. Will blend in better in my tat than white does.

https://www.wyzecam.com/wyze-cam-black/

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:34 am

LeeHasCrabs wrote:For those interested, Wyze came out with a limited edition matte black v2 cam. I just picked 2 up for myself. Will blend in better in my tat than white does.

SO glad you posted this! I just ordered 2 for our new house :) and 1 for the crab tank! ;)
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

Topic author
LeeHasCrabs

Post by LeeHasCrabs » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:43 am

ciaraalston wrote:
LeeHasCrabs wrote:For those interested, Wyze came out with a limited edition matte black v2 cam. I just picked 2 up for myself. Will blend in better in my tat than white does.

SO glad you posted this! I just ordered 2 for our new house :) and 1 for the crab tank! ;)
Awesome!!! And congrats on the new pad!

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:44 am

LeeHasCrabs wrote:
ciaraalston wrote:

Awesome!!! And congrats on the new pad!

Thanks!!!
Y'all are probably tired of hearing me talk about it.... I'm tired of dealing with itImageImage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:35 am

I did too! I thought I made a post but it never showed up, it does that to me once in awhile. Im glad you told everyone too.

Topic author
LeeHasCrabs

Post by LeeHasCrabs » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:08 am

RiNiKy506 wrote:

I did too! I thought I made a post but it never showed up, it does that to me once in awhile. Im glad you told everyone too.

I’m excited for the black ones!

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:09 am

LeeHasCrabs wrote:
RiNiKy506 wrote:

I’m excited for the black ones!

I know, I got 3, it was the limit that you could buy. I hope they have them for awhile.

Topic author
LeeHasCrabs

Post by LeeHasCrabs » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:48 am

Limited time offer of 10% off Wyze cam 3-pack (white) when you check out with Amazon Pay.

https://www.wyzecam.com/