Crab conundrum

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
fandt94

Crab conundrum

Post by fandt94 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:40 am

I've posted before about this particular crab recovering/suffering PPS I think. We have had him since mid July and have thought he was dead numerous times but then he'd always show sparks of life. He has never dug under... Just stays on top. He HAS eaten. In the past week or so he ventured outside of the hut for the first time in a long while and now again is just sitting within his shell unseen top side. By unseen I mean within the shell. No smells, haven't touched him.. Has anyone else ever experienced this while a crab destressing? Like moments of active and then nothing for a few days? He was awake all day the other day during daylight... Not going anywhere but he was awake antennae going... And like maybe just napping or chilling. A day later... Literally a hermit in his shell. Holding out hope for this guy because we've really went all out nursing him with what I'd call a hut triage when he was in there lol.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

Topic author
fandt94

Re: Crab conundrum

Post by fandt94 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:11 am

Nvm. He's passed.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

Hermiesguardian

Re: Crab conundrum

Post by Hermiesguardian » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:19 am

I'm so sorry.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

HHIhermies1004

Crab conundrum

Post by HHIhermies1004 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:30 am

You did great taking care of him in his time of need. I'm sorry that he passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, My name is Kristine
Hermit Crab Family includes 7 Hermies
JACK, BARBOSA, WILL, and DAVY JONES are E's.
3 PP's - Sao Feng, Tia Dama, and Elizabeth swan.