Crab size?

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
fandt94

Crab size?

Post by fandt94 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:24 pm

I caught these pics a couple of weeks ago while a crab was changing shells... It dug down a few days later. Anyhow I was curious as to what size you would classify it? ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Crab size?

Post by wodesorel » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:22 pm

The depth of the photo is throwing me a bit since I can't tell how far away from the temp guage he is. I'd go with medium-large if he's fairly close to it.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
fandt94

Re: Crab size?

Post by fandt94 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:28 pm

wodesorel wrote:The depth of the photo is throwing me a bit since I can't tell how far away from the temp guage he is. I'd go with medium-large if he's fairly close to it.
Thanks! I realize it’s not the accurate way to gauge molting but I’m hoping it will give me a better idea of a time frame to expect him back up if all went well. He was very active prior to the molt, eating and changing shells so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that he had/has all he needs to molt. The other one that is down was also very active, in fact, the other one took the shell (not the shell in the pic but it’s original shell) after he switched and walked off lol
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed