Might be upgrading!!!!

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
fandt94

Might be upgrading!!!!

Post by fandt94 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:04 am

Going to look at a tank I found on a local FB group... 55 gallon and stand for $100 with hood.. And fish decor. It has 55 gallon dimensions but a tad taller. I won't be ready to get it all set up yet but I'm excited!!! Are there UTH's big enough ...like 1 that fits across the back or will I need a couple?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
ImageImage
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

Topic author
fandt94

Re: Might be upgrading!!!!

Post by fandt94 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:36 am

Wanted to add that it’s an Oceanic tank...I don’t know the difference but apparently they are supposed to be top grade? Lol
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:40 am

Congrats on your find!
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

ha_haley

Post by ha_haley » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:07 am

Check reptile basics or bean farm for your UTH. I found one for my 75 gallon that fits end to end and above the substrate line, so I’m sure they probably carry one for a 55 gallon as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:15 am

Congratulations! Yes, www.reptilebasics.com or www.beanfarm.com will have one for your tank! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com