4 females, one male

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
RiNiKy506

4 females, one male

Post by RiNiKy506 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:22 pm

So I was feeding my crabbies last night Bob and Salty were already out wandering and the rest came out not too long after while I had the lid off. Rod was the last to emerge out of the sand, I saw sand moving and there she popped out too. Everyone was so active and energetic so I figured why not get them out and check. I checked them all and 4 are females and 1 male. Ironically Bob ended up being my only male. I don’t handle them everyday but we do occasionally. They don’t seem to mind, especially Bob and Salty. Bob will even sit out a lot, he has scared me a few times. I see him sitting there, maybe sleeping, not moving I thought he was dead, I see now that that’s just how he is. (not completely out of his shell but he doesn’t go in his shell) His original name was Bob after his SpongeBob shell, we tried to change it to Bubbles after he changed shells but it just never stuck. I went over by a light and let them stretch out and check up under them. It’s really cool that I was actually able to tell pretty easily. Just wanted to share now that I know what they all are and it was really cool. My son was upset that most of them were girls. Lol!

♡ Rod ♡ Salty ♡ Bob ♡ Squirt ♡ Crabina ♡
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers »-♡->

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 4 females, one male

Post by aussieJJDude » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:58 pm

Haha, poor bob (and kiddo). Surrounded by all the ladies. Luckily crabs don't seem to mind what gender ratio they are in, so you dont have to worry about evening it out!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies