Sponges

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
crabby33

Sponges

Post by crabby33 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:03 pm

My theory on this is that this is a marketing scheme by the retailers that all people need to do is place the sponge in a bowl of tap water and that the crabs will drink from the sponge. This is taking the easy way out so customers don’t have to give their crabs two water bowls with fresh and salt water.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Sponges

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:19 pm

I think that the theory is that it is "supposed" to help with humidity. - regardless it doesn't work!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
crabby33

Post by crabby33 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:46 am

You’re right, GotButterflies. It doesn’t work. A heater and moss will, though! As well as bubblers! I am in the process of looking for a new heater for my tank for winter.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:08 am

I love the ones from www.reptilebasics.com I have one from www.beanfarm.com - and don't care for that one as much. Wodesorel likes the Flukers name brand - I don't have a link for those. :) Good luck!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com