Hi all

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
Hermie escape artist

Hi all

Post by Hermie escape artist » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:11 pm

I've noticed my sand is drying out on top ! What can I do ... ?
I do have my ultra therm heater on the top part of my tank so I'm guessing that the sand under is fine ! He has been digging and the sand stays put so ... but worried still idk if I should simply mist the top or be pouring water on the top part ....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

fandt94

Re: Hi all

Post by fandt94 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:06 pm

Hermie escape artist wrote:I've noticed my sand is drying out on top ! What can I do ... ?
I do have my ultra therm heater on the top part of my tank so I'm guessing that the sand under is fine ! He has been digging and the sand stays put so ... but worried still idk if I should simply mist the top or be pouring water on the top part ....

Can you describe what the top layer is like? I mist the top layer once a week or so...what matters is how it is below really.
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

Topic author
Hermie escape artist

Re: Hi all

Post by Hermie escape artist » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:29 am

fandt94 wrote:
Hermie escape artist wrote:I've noticed my sand is drying out on top ! What can I do ... ?

Can you describe what the top layer is like? I mist the top layer once a week or so...what matters is how it is below really.
Just dry .. like I pick it up and it's just dry sand now ! ... I need to check under ... hoping just the top of the tank.. just the sand on top