Tattoo

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Re: Tattoo

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:11 pm

Motörcrab wrote:Sweet! You can definitely tell it's a PP! Very colorful! Now I want to get another.

Isnt is odd how they can be tattooing one area but you feel it on your side or someplace else. Also how one area you may not feel a thing. Then they move 1/8" and it's like slicing razors.

Just be sure you follow up with the proper care your artists instructed for the next two weeks or so. My shop started using Tagaderm a few years back. I was actually their fist client to try it on my side piece. Hospital use it for burn victims and other skin trauma injuries. It takes a lot of the lotion, and cleaning out of the picture. It is similar to plastic wrap but sticky on one side. It basically makes a faux outer skin. It doesn't scab or anything. My side came out flawless with every session.

How long did you end up sitting?
Yeah, I'm set on the aftercare. Every artist suggests different things. And yes, a hair move either way hurts like a #$%!&. It took about 2.5 hrs. And when he does a "touch up", he says he ends up pretty much doing it over and tweaking stuff. Making it more awesome. When I go back I'll be using the numbing stuff. Lol.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:54 pm

That's a great place for it! The colors are awesome!

I sat for four hours for by back piece, I think that's pretty much my limit, not sure I would have lasted much longer. My husband isn't a big fan of tattoos, he doesn't think they are very feminine (I have five if you include the one that's covered up). I would love to get a crab. And a quilt block. But I told him I would only get one more, which he is okay with. Well, actually, I do have another that I want, but only if Chris Garver does it (which is pretty much out of the question). Oh, and memorials for my dogs and cats when they die don't count, he knows I am getting those. LOL.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:31 am

Why not get a hermit crab as a quilt block? Make the shell so it looks like it's made of a plaid material for color variance and have it so it's sewn onto a block. Then you can get each pet memorial as an additional block to the quilt! Technically speaking it will only be one tattoo if you keep adding to it! :wink:

I heard that you can use tattoo pigments mixed with cremains for memorial work. I'm not sure of all the complete details involved though.

For my sleeve I did 3-4 hour sessions. It started as my upper arm, took 5-6 months off then went back for the lower half. That was my first tattoo ten or so years ago. For my side piece my artist wanted to do full days, eight hours at a time, to get more done. About 30 seconds in with the first line on my hip I was really wondering what I got myself into. Five sessions and about 40 hours later it was finally finished! I'm not sure if I would ever do my other side. That was completed a little over two years ago and we originally started talking about the design while I was getting my sleeve worked on!

Tattoos are just like hermit crabs. You can't have just one... or two.... or 5! Now I want another!
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:12 pm

curlysister wrote:That's a great place for it! The colors are awesome!

I sat for four hours for by back piece, I think that's pretty much my limit, not sure I would have lasted much longer. My husband isn't a big fan of tattoos, he doesn't think they are very feminine (I have five if you include the one that's covered up). I would love to get a crab. And a quilt block. But I told him I would only get one more, which he is okay with. Well, actually, I do have another that I want, but only if Chris Garver does it (which is pretty much out of the question). Oh, and memorials for my dogs and cats when they die don't count, he knows I am getting those. LOL.
My husband also isn't very happy about the tattoos. He has none. Right. Only one more. Lol. Like one more crab. I have a memorial for my cat. Will get one for my dog when he dies. My daughter said why wait till he dies. Lol.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:13 pm

Motörcrab wrote:Why not get a hermit crab as a quilt block? Make the shell so it looks like it's made of a plaid material for color variance and have it so it's sewn onto a block. Then you can get each pet memorial as an additional block to the quilt! Technically speaking it will only be one tattoo if you keep adding to it! :wink:

I heard that you can use tattoo pigments mixed with cremains for memorial work. I'm not sure of all the complete details involved though.

For my sleeve I did 3-4 hour sessions. It started as my upper arm, took 5-6 months off then went back for the lower half. That was my first tattoo ten or so years ago. For my side piece my artist wanted to do full days, eight hours at a time, to get more done. About 30 seconds in with the first line on my hip I was really wondering what I got myself into. Five sessions and about 40 hours later it was finally finished! I'm not sure if I would ever do my other side. That was completed a little over two years ago and we originally started talking about the design while I was getting my sleeve worked on!

Tattoos are just like hermit crabs. You can't have just one... or two.... or 5! Now I want another!
They are addicting. Tats and crabs.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:54 pm

The tattoo is gorgeous!!

You guys had me cracking up!! Seriously!! Hilarious!!! :hlol:
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:53 am

GotButterflies wrote:The tattoo is gorgeous!!

You guys had me cracking up!! Seriously!! Hilarious!!! :hlol:
Thank you.

CrabMommaChara

Post by CrabMommaChara » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:03 am

Awesome!!! I'm a little young for a tattoo (14 :/) but I absolutely love the one you got! Truly shows some awesome dedication to hermit crabs! You are officially my "hermit crab role model"! XD
Chara, proud new mother of PPs Hermes and Athena

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:02 am

One of my closest friends and I met via hermit crab groups and we are getting hermit tats soon. Mine is going to have a skull as it’s shell, probably in American Traditional or neo-traditional style.

I’m also booked in February with Jay Joree here in Dallas, if you haven’t seen her work check her out because it’s amazing. Some friends are pooling together to gift me the ink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:52 am

CharaCat wrote:Awesome!!! I'm a little young for a tattoo (14 :/) but I absolutely love the one you got! Truly shows some awesome dedication to hermit crabs! You are officially my "hermit crab role model"! XD
Thank you! But I haven't been doing this long enough to be a role model.