Crabs Needing a home question

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
crabby33

Crabs Needing a home question

Post by crabby33 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:54 pm

What are the rules about asking about supplies when people are rehoming their crabs? I offered to take the supplies separately but I was told the owner would only give them to me if I was adopting. Since I didn’t want some of the crabs, and was only interested in the supplies. The owner refused, saying she wasn’t going to give them to just anybody for free. My theory is that the owner does not want to split everything up and there may be a rehoming fee I’m not aware of. I would prefer to try getting a UTH from another member first before I resort to buying one. I checked offer up, Craigslist and LetGo but they were all too expensive. If I can’t find someone on the adoption thread or classified ads willing to send me a UTH, I will order one off of Ebay.

soilentgringa

Re: Crabs Needing a home question

Post by soilentgringa » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:13 pm

The owner has absolutely no obligation to send you or give you any of their supplies.

All owners placing crabs for adoption have the right to do as they see fit for placing their crabs, including asking an adoption fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:16 pm

Also Kendall, not everyone can afford to just give their supplies away and if they want to ask for a fee to get some of the money back that they have spent on supplies, they are welcome to.

Over a year ago, I offered to bring you many supplies and even crabs via our Facebook Talk page because we live in the same area and you were unable to take the items from me, you may recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
crabby33

Post by crabby33 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:03 pm

Yeah, I remember. It was because I was about to go home for the weekend. I will just order a UTH when I have the money and I will quit asking people for supplies.