For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
Lazerdms

Post by Lazerdms » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:26 pm

I'm setting up a new tank what's a good location in the house to put it no traffic area or traffic area
Thanks for any help

Hermiesguardian

Re: location

Post by Hermiesguardian » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:15 pm

Hmmmm...I'd say that's a personal preferance. And depends on the setup of your house. I have one tank in my living room. And one in the entryway, which is really technically the livingroom. When the dog runs around or jumps the tanks shake a bit but not enough to collapse tunnels. I hope. I keep saying I want a crabby room one day but honestly, even though I can always look at them with the camera, I like seeing them, even just the tank, where I spend most of my time.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:52 pm

A bedroom can work - unless your a light sleeper! If you have an in home office or study, that would be a good place as well since its naturally a pretty quite area.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:07 am

Having it against an inside wall will help keep the temperature stable. (As opposed to an outside wall, where on the other side is outdoors.)
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram