Just kidding!

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
nonamelikethis

Just kidding!

Post by nonamelikethis » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:16 pm

I made a post earlier today worried that something was wrong with puddles because she had finished molting but she wasnt coming out... but HAHA! Just kidding! Guess who came out today! My nephew noticed a bit of movement in the tank and guess who was there! Puddles! She is bigger and she switched from her old shell to a new one I have in the tank, which I think fits her really well! I think ill wait a few days to get her some friends, and I have a question. Can I patch up the hole she made for molting? Its really big and looks really messy in the tank... If its not thats okay too but it is really big.

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk

I love my pets. (Hank, my dog. Cookie, my cat, Fishy, my only fish left :(, and now 2 purple pincher hermit crabs, Bubbles and Puddles)

Hermiesguardian

Re: Just kidding!

Post by Hermiesguardian » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:16 pm

I would say just leave the hole. My tanks are full of holes.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

AwesomeHermit

Post by AwesomeHermit » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:29 pm

I agree with Hermiesguardian.
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:02 am

My crabbies reuse their holes :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 3d printer shell

Post by aussieJJDude » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:55 pm

I personally cover up some holes on occasion. But it's like wack a mole, you 'remove' one hole, and another 5 pop up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
nonamelikethis

Post by nonamelikethis » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:38 pm

This is how big the hole is, and I only have a small 15 gallon tank (for now :) ) I think its so big because I had small cavein while she was molting but i digged it back out with a paint brush.Image

I love my pets. (Hank, my dog. Cookie, my cat, Fishy, my only fish left :(, and now 2 purple pincher hermit crabs, Bubbles and Puddles)

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:23 pm

How many crabs do you have? If they are all above ground you can fill in the hole. I had to make a 2nd level for their food. There were so many holes it was hard to find a spot to put their dish.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
nonamelikethis

Post by nonamelikethis » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:57 pm

One for now, but im getting another one soon. A 2 leveled idea would be cool but I have no idea how i'd do it