Great deal

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Great deal

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:13 am

I have a chance to get a 150 gal tank with stand for $350! :banana: Just a couple of things to figure out first. Where to put it. How to transport it. And my husband has to approve. Lol.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

RiNiKy506

Re: Great deal

Post by RiNiKy506 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:44 am

So awesome! I hope it goes through for you!

Rod♡Salty♡Bob♡Squirt♡Crabina♡Who
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers <-♡-«

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:17 pm

Where to put it is easy. Do you really need a dinning table, couch and a bed?

As for approval, consider getting him a little gift for his hobby that he has been eyeing off? (Or if he has a favourite meal, best way to anyone is through their stomach!)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:05 pm

aussieJJDude wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:17 pm
Where to put it is easy. Do you really need a dinning table, couch and a bed?

As for approval, consider getting him a little gift for his hobby that he has been eyeing off? (Or if he has a favourite meal, best way to anyone is through their stomach!)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
He did suggest he could use our current 90gal for a saltwater fishtank. I said no problem!
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:05 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:44 am
So awesome! I hope it goes through for you!

Rod♡Salty♡Bob♡Squirt♡Crabina♡Who
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers <-♡-«
Thank you. Me too.

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:00 pm

I'm not sure what my wife would do or say if I came home with a 150 G tank with stand! :o

I'm sure you will figure out some sort of plan or ruse. You just need to be like, "I was just driving along and someone was getting rid of this! How could I possibly pass it up?" Or you could do the, "This tank? Remember I bought this years ago and had it at ______'s house in storage for years!"
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:01 pm

Motörcrab wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:00 pm
I'm not sure what my wife would do or say if I came home with a 150 G tank with stand! :o

I'm sure you will figure out some sort of plan or ruse. You just need to be like, "I was just driving along and someone was getting rid of this! How could I possibly pass it up?" Or you could do the, "This tank? Remember I bought this years ago and had it at ______'s house in storage for years!"
:hlol: yeah, if it was that easy.

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:15 am

Well, I'm not getting this. There's just really no room for it. But I believe one day I'll be able to and a great deal will come along.

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:53 am

I’m so glad that I don’t have to answer to anyone else for how many crabs or tanks I have in my home. (Not that I would ever ask permission in the first place, I’d just be like “I’m getting another crab tank.”)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

odelayheehoo

Post by odelayheehoo » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:06 am

I am sorry it didnt work out for you, this has happened to be plenty before, we all want larger tanks almost immediately after getting a larger tank! :D
Keeper Since 2016
75G - 10PP

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:13 am

You don't really need a television do you? Aren't crabs entertaining enough? For the monthly expenses of cable, satellite, Netflix, or whatever else, a new crabitat will save you tons of money in the long run! :D
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:21 pm

odelayheehoo wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:06 am
I am sorry it didnt work out for you, this has happened to be plenty before, we all want larger tanks almost immediately after getting a larger tank! :D
I understand that. I'm actually worried if I do get a 150 gal I'd want a 200 a week later.

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:25 pm

Motörcrab wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:13 am
You don't really need a television do you? Aren't crabs entertaining enough? For the monthly expenses of cable, satellite, Netflix, or whatever else, a new crabitat will save you tons of money in the long run! :D
I do watch ALOT of tv. Lol. But it was mostly lack of space.