Hermit Crab Convention!

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Motörcrab

Re: Hermit Crab Convention!

Post by Motörcrab » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:34 pm

aussieJJDude wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:42 pm
Wait. What? There's a hermit crab convention.

(Had no idea!)
I'm not sure if it is ok to link the information to the convention here or not. Here it is. Please edit if need be.
http://lhcos.org/2019-international-lhc ... ion-event/

Where: Lockport, NY Hampton Inn

When: July 13-14, 2019 (Start/end times TBD)
Help Improve Our Resources Section (weblinks)
http://www.hermitcrabassociation.com/ph ... 2&t=119315

Once we get more links the directors will update the resources in a few weeks. Thanks!

crabby33

Post by crabby33 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:39 pm

Or if they require you have a 29 Gallon or larger, and you only have a 20, they may deny your adoption application because your tank doesn’t meet their requirements.

Like, for example, I have a 20 Gallon tank with 5” of sub. I may be denied because my tank is not big enough and my sub is not deep enough, even though I know my crabs can still completely bury in 5”.

I might also be refused an adoption if they require you only have play sand and EE and I have a sub mixed in that’s used in aquariums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Xenocrab

Post by Xenocrab » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:45 pm

Those were my worries when I applied. I sent pics of my current tanks and was approved the next morning. I was worried maybe my set ups weren't good enough, knowing full well that they were. Judgement from others is always tough, but we all go to extensive lengths to make sure our crabs have the best homes. We all do things differently. My husband and I have his & her tanks. We both spoil our crabs, but in different ways. We are really looking forward to this convention!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

5 store bought, 6 rescues and 7 adopted.

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:47 pm

Yep. Pretty much how people play Monopoly different. Some people put the jail money in to free park so you get it when you land on that spot and others don't. According to the official rules it is just a free spot to land on. Playing it either way doesn't really hurt the game experience. Their house, their rules.
Help Improve Our Resources Section (weblinks)
http://www.hermitcrabassociation.com/ph ... 2&t=119315

Once we get more links the directors will update the resources in a few weeks. Thanks!

Overmountain1

Post by Overmountain1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:18 am

I really wish I could but had to cancel the potential trip to attend a wedding in Oregon! If she hadn’t been my own maid of honor, and lifelong friend... see, we don’t talk anymore. But still. So no, I’m a bit heartbroken to miss it. We need to have one again next year too!

Dave the Wondercrab~Patpat the Scaredy Cat~MaggieMoo-Dumbo~Billy

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:02 pm

Overmountain1 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:18 am
I really wish I could but had to cancel the potential trip to attend a wedding in Oregon! If she hadn’t been my own maid of honor, and lifelong friend... see, we don’t talk anymore. But still. So no, I’m a bit heartbroken to miss it. We need to have one again next year too!

ImageDave the Wondercrab~Patpat the Scaredy Cat~MaggieMoo-Dumbo~BillyImage
I feel you're pain! If it was just a little closer to me, I would of really considered going! :hlol: Would of loved to see some PP's, as well as suss out the other crazy crabbers!
Crabs || Fish || Shrimp || Snails || Plants || Insects

25G Nano Freshwater || 64G Freshwater Community || 90G Fancy Goldie Pond || 64G Crabitat
I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'... They're just things I forgot I had planned to get || Self Designated 'HCA Pic Fan' 2012+

PinchersAndShells
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by PinchersAndShells » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:36 am

I plan on attending! Working on taking pictures for my application to adopt this evening.
5 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Edd, Momo, Merle, Dottie, & Elvis
37 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/