$1/gallon sale at Petco

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

$1/gallon sale at Petco

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:15 pm

I just got this email from Petco and thought I'd share in case anyone is looking to upgrade! They're having their $1/gal sale on 10/20/29 gal tanks. Some other sizes are 50% off. A 55 gal tank is now $70. ImageImage

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Motörcrab

Re: $1/gallon sale at Petco

Post by Motörcrab » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:22 pm

I wish the $1 a gallon would be good for the 2.5 gallon tanks! I'd like to make more filtered pools.
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:25 pm

Motörcrab wrote:I wish the $1 a gallon would be good for the 2.5 gallon tanks! I'd like to make more filtered pools.
That would be awesome. Can you imagine a $2.50 tank? What a deal. Image

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:27 pm

Wow! You're right!
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:37 pm

Motörcrab wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:22 pm
I wish the $1 a gallon would be good for the 2.5 gallon tanks! I'd like to make more filtered pools.
They are stupid expensive, aren't they?
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:38 pm

I just realized I can go there and upgrade! Ooh, maybe I will!
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:56 pm

wodesorel wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:37 pm
They are stupid expensive, aren't they?
Yea, the same price as a 10 gallon! All those free tanks I scored a while back was still the best deal ever! We still have a 55, and several other smaller sizes.

We picked up two 75's back in October for $130. Had to help the dude lug them down three flights of stairs from his attic and need to be cleaned but I thought they were a deal. We were going to set one of those up in the spring. Then we saw the sale at PetSmart for the 65 with a stand, lids and light and had to jump on that one. Until we got a stand and lids we would have had more money wrapped up in one of the 75's.

owilderman

Post by owilderman » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:19 pm

WOAH! I was just notified about these types of sales and wanted to know when they would happen! How long will it last?
This is a signature. I hope I don't exceed the 300 character limit. :D

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:43 pm

owilderman wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:19 pm
WOAH! I was just notified about these types of sales and wanted to know when they would happen! How long will it last?
Petco runs their sale every couple of months, and it runs for about a month when they do. Pets Supplies Plus also sometimes has $1/gallon but I haven't noticed a pattern to it.

You can check your local monthly fliers for both stores on their websites.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Neleono

Post by Neleono » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:52 pm

I’ve gotten one of these tanks for an aquarium, they are great but the glue work is pretty sloppy, but nothing a razor blade and some time can’t fix. Worked great for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owilderman

Post by owilderman » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:44 pm

wodesorel wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:43 pm
Petco runs their sale every couple of months, and it runs for about a month when they do. Pets Supplies Plus also sometimes has $1/gallon but I haven't noticed a pattern to it.

You can check your local monthly fliers for both stores on their websites.
How can I sign up for the Email alerts? I don't have a petco near me (it's an hour drive to the nearest one).
This is a signature. I hope I don't exceed the 300 character limit. :D

Neleono

Post by Neleono » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:54 pm

I think that you can just get the app and sign up, after you can choose to get notifications and emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kydra

Post by Kydra » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:23 am

They are doing this again now, aren't they? I have 4 crabs that are all up and in less than a year went from circular death cage to critter carrier to 10G to 20G long... now I'm thinking 55G.

My adopted crab is kinda a bully. He was in a small pink/purple shell and was the only pic I received so thought OK small crab (not). Then adopted a tiny E that my local reptile guy at Petco actually held for me as it's rare for them to get anything but PPs (of course I took him in).

They have all molted. I started this journey on a beach vacation in August 2019. Can't believe where I am at now... and that I need to upgrade from a 20G long! They really grew a lot!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the 1 dollar/half off large tanks is on again so going to try to get this settled next week. I've been talking about upgrading which seems like forever now. They need more room.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but think this sale is going again now. After the work weekend... heading to Petco. I am NOT paying whatever money they want for the mesh lids as I did last time.

Any idea how much it would cost if I asked Home Depot to cut a plexiglass lid? Probably cheaper and going to need to get sand anyway lol. Thanks! 😎

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:07 am

Kydra wrote:They are doing this again now, aren't they? I have 4 crabs that are all up and in less than a year went from circular death cage to critter carrier to 10G to 20G long... now I'm thinking 55G.

My adopted crab is kinda a bully. He was in a small pink/purple shell and was the only pic I received so thought OK small crab (not). Then adopted a tiny E that my local reptile guy at Petco actually held for me as it's rare for them to get anything but PPs (of course I took him in).

They have all molted. I started this journey on a beach vacation in August 2019. Can't believe where I am at now... and that I need to upgrade from a 20G long! They really grew a lot!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the 1 dollar/half off large tanks is on again so going to try to get this settled next week. I've been talking about upgrading which seems like forever now. They need more room.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but think this sale is going again now. After the work weekend... heading to Petco. I am NOT paying whatever money they want for the mesh lids as I did last time.

Any idea how much it would cost if I asked Home Depot to cut a plexiglass lid? Probably cheaper and going to need to get sand anyway lol. Thanks! Image
I'm not sure if the sale is going on now. I usually get an email from Petco about it if it is. But I'm planning to use my spare 55 gal and upgrade this week. I'm going to grab the glass tops from That Pet Place. There's 2 of them total since there is a center brace on the top. They're about $36:
https://www.thatpetplace.com/marineland ... -48in-13in
Not sure if I'm going to actually go to the store or order them though. I ordered my 40 gal breeder glass top from them a few years back and it showed up broken, twice, thanks to Fed Ex.
If I get a Petco or PetSmart email about a sale I'll def post it here so you can see. Image

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:13 am

Whenever we are near Lancaster we always stop at That Pet Place. We like to go there and stock up on all our random crab supplies. Moss, Cork, Instant Ocean, Prime, and whatever else we see the crabs may like.