Weird Crab Dreams!

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Weird Crab Dreams!

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:09 am

I'm not sure if anyone has done a topic like this before, but is it just me, or do we have weird crab dreams sometimes? If there isn't a topic like this already, I'd love to hear your guys' crab dreams!
Last night, I dreamed that my mom put a 150g crabitat (it had no lid, so it wasn't humid at all, which had me concerned) in my room across from my 10g. I asked her what she was doing, and she said that she was getting into crabbing too. She then pulled out a box while I stood there speechless and placed a viola and a few purple pinchers into the crabitat, which was now suddenly ready. I remember the substrate only being sand, and little decor and things poking out (it was like those lidless ones at those stupid stores where you could stick your hand in and pick them up :evil: ). I then went through this weird tunnel thing for a while, and saw some people wearing crab costumes (:lol: I don't know what was going on in my head). Then I magically appeared in a shop (one of those little ones at the shore) and we walked around with my mumum, and there was this hermit crab bubble wand thing that I felt the urge to have (I remember it even having a flavor :hlol: ). But my mom slapped it out of my hand and we went back to my house (writing this I feel generally concerned for my mental sanity :shock:) We got back and I found that my mom had placed all her hermit crabs in my tank after, for a while, keeping them in hers and saying that my crabs were now hers (I got super angry and upset). I saw the viola and my E sitting next to eat other in the water bowl and hyperventilated. My mom then explained that we were going to share the 150g and make it a crabby paradise. I got super excited and started mixing EE into the sand, since I really wanted to stop smushing all the crabs together in the 10g, but then my alarm woke me up.
I'm not really sure what to think of all this. I hope I made you guys laugh though :lol: Does anyone have weird dreams like this?
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

FJrocks003

Re: Weird Crab Dreams!

Post by FJrocks003 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:48 pm

You are diffidently not the only one with weird crab dreams! Just the other night I had a bad nightmare where my snake got loose and ate my sister, but then my hermit crabs snuck into the dream somehow and it turned really weird. My biggest crab somehow saved my sister but then put her in his 10g tank (in the dream a 10g tank looks more like 60g). All the crabs escaped the tank and moved into my sister's room instead. They destroyed everything there and turned it into a mini beach (not sure where they got the sand). They then moved on to destroy the hole house. The downstairs turned into a forest while my room (across the hall from my sister's) became the ocean. I think this hole dream thing was triggered from the day before when my mom said, "(My name), these crabs are taking over the house!!!". She didn't mean it literally but this is what my head turned it into. XD
Indigo, Fleck, Flame, Dilly, and our newest addition: Thunder
RIP: Bubbles (passed on Wednesday March 31, 2020)

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:01 pm

FJrocks003 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:48 pm
You are diffidently not the only one with weird crab dreams! Just the other night I had a bad nightmare where my snake got loose and ate my sister, but then my hermit crabs snuck into the dream somehow and it turned really weird. My biggest crab somehow saved my sister but then put her in his 10g tank (in the dream a 10g tank looks more like 60g). All the crabs escaped the tank and moved into my sister's room instead. They destroyed everything there and turned it into a mini beach (not sure where they got the sand). They then moved on to destroy the hole house. The downstairs turned into a forest while my room (across the hall from my sister's) became the ocean. I think this hole dream thing was triggered from the day before when my mom said, "(My name), these crabs are taking over the house!!!". She didn't mean it literally but this is what my head turned it into. XD
I'm dying over here! :lol: Thanks for sharing! :crabbigsmile: I have noticed that tanks do look bigger in dreams then in reality, though!
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

Harry Wang

Post by Harry Wang » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:05 am

I had the snake (that i don’t own) escaping the tank dream and my room turned into a mini rainforest with dragonflies and trees. Stemmed from seeing two of my crabs attempting to open the lid lol

They were actually lil physicists about it. First the little one crawled up my reinforced fountain wire and around the whole lid. Then the biggest medium one went up and stopped at the front corner before stopping by the front middle, trying to open it at both points. Thankfully Cthulu isn’t strong enough.. yet 🤔

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:03 pm

It seems like people often dream about becoming a part of the habitat... maybe that says we WANT to be our pets? I wouldn't mind being a spoiled hermit crab! :crabbigsmile:

AwesomeHermit

Post by AwesomeHermit » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:26 pm

Sorry for dampening the mood, but one of my dreams were my deceased crab visiting me...
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:15 pm

AwesomeHermit wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:26 pm
Sorry for dampening the mood, but one of my dreams were my deceased crab visiting me...
Aw, it's alright! That's actually pretty neat. I would love to be able to see my PP babies again! :cloud9: