Does anyone have large / jumbo E's?

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.
Post Reply

Topic author
Xenpurgisn@cht
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:19 pm
Location: Terra

Does anyone have large / jumbo E's?

Post by Xenpurgisn@cht » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:13 pm

I'm curious if anyone has any really huge E's- out of all I've seen most people usually only have mediums.


quinnmquinn
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:02 pm

Re: Does anyone have large / jumbo E's?

Post by quinnmquinn » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:27 pm

I’m also curious about this. I’ve been wanting to add 2 Es to my PP tank because I’ve heard they were smaller, and I’m not really comfortable adding a new PP which get big.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar

Motörcrab
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2088
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:56 pm
Location: Coal Region in Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Does anyone have large / jumbo E's?

Post by Motörcrab » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:44 pm

We have a huge E named Gunshow. Compared to our biggest Purples he would still be considered an medium sized crab.
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities


Topic author
Xenpurgisn@cht
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:19 pm
Location: Terra

Re: Does anyone have large / jumbo E's?

Post by Xenpurgisn@cht » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:56 pm

quinnmquinn wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:27 pm
I’m also curious about this. I’ve been wanting to add 2 Es to my PP tank because I’ve heard they were smaller, and I’m not really comfortable adding a new PP which get big.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was interested E's for a while myself, but even getting E's can be a challenge in themselves. You can't really get HCs around here, and trying to get crabs online which has always been a controversial topic, can be hard to source and is a big gamble of themselves.

( Entirely unrelated but I would LOVE to eventually have an Indo at somepoint or another. )


Topic author
Xenpurgisn@cht
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:19 pm
Location: Terra

Re: Does anyone have large / jumbo E's?

Post by Xenpurgisn@cht » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:57 pm

Ooo! think you can share a picture?
Last edited by Xenpurgisn@cht on Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Topic author
Xenpurgisn@cht
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:19 pm
Location: Terra

Re: Does anyone have large / jumbo E's?

Post by Xenpurgisn@cht » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:59 pm

Motörcrab wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:44 pm
We have a huge E named Gunshow. Compared to our biggest Purples he would still be considered an medium sized crab.
Ooo! think you can share a picture?

User avatar

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support
Posts: 9764
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 am
Location: Leetonia, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Does anyone have large / jumbo E's?

Post by wodesorel » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:21 pm

I had two in the past. The thing with Jumbo Es is that they take such small shells and then gut the insides out so they squeeze into them, that they never look as large as the other species.

ImageImageImage
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram


Topic author
Xenpurgisn@cht
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:19 pm
Location: Terra

Re: Does anyone have large / jumbo E's?

Post by Xenpurgisn@cht » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:16 pm

wodesorel wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:21 pm
I had two in the past. The thing with Jumbo Es is that they take such small shells and then gut the insides out so they squeeze into them, that they never look as large as the other species.

ImageImageImage
Absolutely lovely crabs! You don't see big E's often- the almost could look like strawberries!

User avatar

Motörcrab
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2088
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:56 pm
Location: Coal Region in Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Does anyone have large / jumbo E's?

Post by Motörcrab » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:44 pm

Here is Gunshow in a small wheel.Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Post Reply