Hermit Crab Quarantine

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
AutumnFalls

Hermit Crab Quarantine

Post by AutumnFalls » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:58 pm

Is anyone doing anything fun for their hermies during quarantine? Trying new foods or reorganizing the tank? I'd love to hear/see it. So far, I've only tried a couple new foods. Lychee was a fail; they didn't eat it. But, I discovered that tuna is a big hit! Almost as good as oysters! I don't have too many new foods around my house, so I'm not sure what else I"ll be trying. Maybe I'll fiddle with the tank setup at some point.

Crabby7Crabber

Re: Hermit Crab Quarantine

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:16 pm

Honestly, I haven't really thought to do anything. Thanks for the idea! I know people are making things for and cleaning up their tanks, though! Some are actually pretty neat!
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:22 pm

I upgraded to a 55 gal tank. Still have 2 crabs in the 20 gal molting though. I also ordered new food from ACrabADay.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Topic author
AutumnFalls

Post by AutumnFalls » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:02 pm

CrabbyLover77 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:22 pm
I upgraded to a 55 gal tank. Image Still have 2 crabs in the 20 gal molting though. I also ordered new food from ACrabADay. Image

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk
You'll have to post pictures when you get them all moved in. :)

I'm currently trying to figure out how I'll get and store leaves for the isopods next winter. This winter I just used old, dried yard leaves and now that they're inside, I have lots of ladybugs in my house. :lol: I'm hoping fresh leaves will be better, but I'm not sure how to store them. I also found out that my one crab LOVES eating these old, dry leaves!

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:41 pm

AutumnFalls wrote:
You'll have to post pictures when you get them all moved in. :)

I'm currently trying to figure out how I'll get and store leaves for the isopods next winter. This winter I just used old, dried yard leaves and now that they're inside, I have lots of ladybugs in my house. Image I'm hoping fresh leaves will be better, but I'm not sure how to store them. I also found out that my one crab LOVES eating these old, dry leaves!
Hi! I did post some pics in another post in case you want to check them out.Image
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app
I've been giving my crabbies dried up oak leaves and they seem to like nibbling on them too! I've never tried fresh leaves either. If you figure out how to store them let me know, I'd like to try that. Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav