Dry Sponges?

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Dry Sponges?

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sat May 23, 2020 11:09 am

So, I have tons of sponges from when I thought I needed them. Could I just place one on the sub for them to munch on? Do you guys think they'd like it? Thanks for the replies in advance :D Hope everyone's staying safe, and not going crazy like I am :lol: Can't wait for ECrabCon!
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

CrabbyLover77

Re: Dry Sponges?

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:12 am

From what I've read on here, if they are natural sea sponges, you can def leave them out to see if they'll snack on them. Yummy haha!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sat May 23, 2020 11:20 am

CrabbyLover77 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:12 am
From what I've read on here, if they are natural sea sponges, you can def leave them out to see if they'll snack on them. Yummy haha! Image

Thanks fellow Crabby :lol: ! You're always quick to help whoever needs it! And yeah, they're from Contantia Pets (they're on facebook and have their own website, besides being on amazon). I have a huge one that I'm sure they'll love!
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:22 am

Crabby7Crabber wrote: Thanks fellow Crabby Image ! You're always quick to help whoever needs it! And yeah, they're from Contantia Pets (they're on facebook and have their own website, besides being on amazon). I have a huge one that I'm sure they'll love!
You're welcome! Image Be sure to let me know how they like them! Maybe I'll order a couple to see what my crabbies think. Image

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sat May 23, 2020 11:24 am

CrabbyLover77 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:22 am
You're welcome! Image Be sure to let me know how they like them! Maybe I'll order a couple to see what my crabbies think. Image

Will do :D

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Sat May 23, 2020 12:29 pm

I put a dry sponge in my tank, but have no idea if they buried it or if they ate it. I guess next time I 'fluff' up the sub, I will see if I come across it!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat May 23, 2020 4:50 pm

curlysister wrote:I put a dry sponge in my tank, but have no idea if they buried it or if they ate it. I guess next time I 'fluff' up the sub, I will see if I come across it!
Haha! Image
That reminded me, I'm missing a small coco hut in my tank. I can't remember if I took it out or they buried it lol. Image

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Sat May 23, 2020 7:44 pm

I am pretty sure there is a small glass food bowl somewhere in my tank too!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat May 23, 2020 8:23 pm

Lol! I wish I could make all the junk in my house disappear like that!

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat May 23, 2020 11:36 pm

These are the shells buried in my 90gal. At least 8/10. All different sizes.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:43 pm

Hermiesguardian wrote:These are the shells buried in my 90gal. At least 8/10. All different sizes.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Wow, that's a lot of shells! Maybe the crabs wanted new shells, so they buried all the old ones to make you think you didn't have enough. Image

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sun May 24, 2020 10:31 am

CrabbyLover77 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:43 pm
Wow, that's a lot of shells! Maybe the crabs wanted new shells, so they buried all the old ones to make you think you didn't have enough. Image

:hlol: I've thought that either they liked them and were saving them for later. Or they hated them and wanted to get rid of them. Or it's a hermie's version of a treasure hunt. Or they try to drive us crazy. OR it's the only thing they have control over. But really, how rude, to bury 8 out of 10 shells.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sun May 24, 2020 8:23 pm

My hermies are pretty good about not burying things. And update, I caught my biggest PP, Hoodini, nibbling on the sponge! And my tiniest, Jubali, is sleeping behind it ^^ yay!

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:33 pm

Hermiesguardian wrote: :hlol: I've thought that either they liked them and were saving them for later. Or they hated them and wanted to get rid of them. Or it's a hermie's version of a treasure hunt. Or they try to drive us crazy. OR it's the only thing they have control over. But really, how rude, to bury 8 out of 10 shells.
Haha def very rude! Image

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:33 pm

Crabby7Crabber wrote:My hermies are pretty good about not burying things. And update, I caught my biggest PP, Hoodini, nibbling on the sponge! And my tiniest, Jubali, is sleeping behind it ^^ yay!
Yay, that's awesome! Image