Moving

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Re: Moving

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:53 pm

Also in case anyones interested heres the remains of my egg crate backgroundImage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:21 am

Tat at new apt, just some process picks of rebuildingImageImage

Hermielover121

Post by Hermielover121 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:34 am

Wow must be a lot of work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:50 pm

Hope all is going well in ur new place!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:53 pm

Looking good! Can’t wait until we see your final results!

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:12 pm

Thanks for all the well wishes guys! It is a ton of work, but this move has given me an opportunity to correct some mistakes I made the first time around so I think the re-build will be even better than the first. I'll post pics when its finished!

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:01 pm

Ugh omg that took me SOOOOOOO much longer than I thought it would. Ok tats up, I think its gonna be a big improvement on my previous build. I made the walls on the shell shop alot bigger, used fishing twine to support the front bridge in the middle of the tat, and took the crab wheel off the back of the tat and put it back on its stand. Might add a little more greenery but I'm super happy with how it turned out!ImageImageImageImageImage

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:48 am

The V2 looks awesome. I knpw the feeling of wanting to do better, I'm still kicking myself for not making more levels for my crabs on my background.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:19 am

aussieJJDude wrote:The V2 looks awesome. I knpw the feeling of wanting to do better, I'm still kicking myself for not making more levels for my crabs on my background.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thanks Aussie! It's funny you should bring your tat up bc after I got my tat set up the other night I was telling my new roommate about the design decisions that went into making my tat and the different kinds of tat construction techniques out there and to demonstrate I showed her a picture of ur tat! She was really impressed btw ;)

Sometimes I think it would be good to have a sticky about different materials u can use to make tat backgrounds and/or a sticky with some of the prettiest tats so that they're easy to find on the forum if ppl want to see them again.

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:45 pm

Love it! I love that big wood piece, is that the piece you were looking for that kind of looks like a stump? Or am I thinking of something else? Add a few small climby plants to the front for a little more greenery, or a few things up front. I actually just added some more fake plants to my tank and it’s amazing the difference the plants make. I only ever had a couple plants in my tanks for the longest time. I had like 4 of those vine plant things I had bought on amazon months ago and I cut them up to how I wanted them, I feel like it worked out better than trying to buy some of the separate plants. They seem to hide out more in my other cork rounds since I added more plants too. You always have a beautiful tank!

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:31 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote:Love it! I love that big wood piece, is that the piece you were looking for that kind of looks like a stump? Or am I thinking of something else? Add a few small climby plants to the front for a little more greenery, or a few things up front. I actually just added some more fake plants to my tank and it’s amazing the difference the plants make. I only ever had a couple plants in my tanks for the longest time. I had like 4 of those vine plant things I had bought on amazon months ago and I cut them up to how I wanted them, I feel like it worked out better than trying to buy some of the separate plants. They seem to hide out more in my other cork rounds since I added more plants too. You always have a beautiful tank!

Thanks for the kind words riniky! I do plan on adding more plants to cover up the back a bit. the vine that goes around the top level was the very last thing I put in the tat after working on it for multiple days and immediately after I'd zip tied it in I realized I hadn't left any room for the other plants. Of course by that point I said to heck with it I'm so done lol

The stump is actually the original fish tank decor stump that just happened to come as a freebie with my previous crabitat. When I did my first build of this tat about a year ago I wanted to get something similar but bigger. At the time I wanted it to really look like the base of an actual tree. I never really found anything that matched what I was envisioning and decided to stick with my original stump.

It's crazy but I just realized, I have set up my crabitat once per year for the last three years. Omg that's too much lol