screen name meanings? post here!

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

DustAndEchoes

Re: screen name meanings? post here!

Post by DustAndEchoes » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:05 pm

wodesorel wrote: I love your matching avatar. :) Took me a while to figure out why the heck you had it up though! :doh:
That was just me being facetious. As usual :D

Trenac

Post by Trenac » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:05 pm

Trena is my first name & C is the first letter of my last name.
THE GREATNESS OF A NATION & IT'S MORAL PROGRESS CAN BE JUDGED BY THE WAY ITS ANIMALS ARE TREATED!

Someoneman

Post by Someoneman » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:17 pm

It was originally meant to create a hippy-esque text prompt in my buddy's Halo game upon my character's death (i.e. You killed someone, man!) I grew to like the sound, like an incredibly generic superhero sometimes summoned serendipitously ("I need someone, man." *some dude in a poorly painted leotard hops out of the bushes* "You called?"). I also like the fact that it seems rare enough to avoid the need for the arbitrary numbers that I find distracting and difficult to remember in many online names, so I've kept using it.

CrabbyMom33

Post by CrabbyMom33 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:20 pm

Crabby for the crabs. Mom to the crabby kids and a 2 legged one was well. The 33 was added because there was already a CrabbyMom user and because my favorite number is 3.
Owner of 4 PPs

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:19 pm

kuza wrote: This is pretty common and affects some more then others. :)

http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... you-forget
Interesting. I always thought I just get distracted too easily. A noise or other distraction has me forgetting what I'm doing or saying. Writing stuff down helps a lot.

Lasuna

Post by Lasuna » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:00 pm

Lasuna is from one of my longest lived Dungeons and Dragons characters I used years ago who was a Dark Elf cleric named Lazuna. A few years ago when I started playing online role playing games I started naming elf characters Lasuna since Lazuna usually was taken or didn't fit a "normal" elf like it does a Dark Elf. After that it kinda stuck for everything, and has become a name I use on everything that I can't use my Greek Fraternity name for. Which is Anubis for those of you who are curious (obvious why most sites don't let me use it? lol) Looking back on it, I'm not sure why I chose the elf's name to represent something, considering I always did better with barbarians. The whole Conan the Barbarian mentality is easy for me to get into in a role playing game. hahaha
A few years ago one of my friends out of curiosity looked up what Lasuna means, it means nothing in most standard languages, even in elven.... But in Latin Lasuna means Garlic. XD
Six Crabs: Purple Pinchers: Horus(one molt), Anubis(one molt), Set(molting?). Ecuadorians: Geb(one molt) Sekhmet(Two Molts), Shu (molting?)
Two Asthmatic Cats: Ena, Una

DustAndEchoes

Post by DustAndEchoes » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:56 am

Someoneman wrote: You killed someone, man!
Am I the only one who read this in George Carlin's hippie voice?

Topic author
parrothead

Post by parrothead » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:07 am

I :love9: George Carlin!

paulfrank1054

Post by paulfrank1054 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:49 pm

Back when AOL was dial-up and I signed up for my first email, I loved the brand Paul Frank with the monkey. 10 was my number in soccer, and 54 I have no idea. I'm actually a girl, paulfrank is very misleading but I've always used it!

herder79

Post by herder79 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:34 pm

i herd crabs... chihuahuas... and i was born in 79
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." -- Howard Thurman

tibibi

Post by tibibi » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:06 am

tinulienka- A username that my Mom told me to use when creating a Webkinz account. I use it for everything now. Also, Tinka is a nickname at home.

kip.rogers357
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by kip.rogers357 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:18 pm

Not anything cool or interesting with my screen name :-/
kip.rogers357

Kipling is my first name (but everybody calls me Kip)
Rogers is my last name
357 is just a sequence of my favorite/lucky (odd) numbers. I absolutely hate even numbers, and can't have anything in evens. OCD is a pain!
I even only celebrate my odd birthdays (13, 15, 17, 19, and 21 were all Luau themed as everyone thinks i'm a pacific islander)
17 Year Crabber!
27 Hermit Crabs - 1,020gl Crabitat

Skymall007

Post by Skymall007 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:33 pm

I loved reading all of these! So interesting! I have also always been wondering where everyone's names come from.

My name on here is Skymall007 because I LOVE those Skymall magazines on the airplanes. I am the only one I know who both loves and collects them. I have over 80 right now. I used to mark all the products I like. Skymall.com is my homepage as well and if I could subscribe to them monthly I would. People think it's pretty funny, but they also bring me back Skymall whenever they fly.

The 007 is of course a reference to James Bond. When I was little I used to want to be a spy. My favorite movie growing up was Spygame (it is now my second favorite movie). I used to watch it every Saturday morning. I love spy movies and the king of all spies is James Bond. I am also a feminist, and James Bond movies and books are my guilty pleasure (he is pretty anti feminist lolz). So it always surprises my friends that I love James Bond.

So, now I am Skymall007. The funny thing is that the newest James Bond film is called SkyFall. Sounds a lot like Skymall lolz.

Not sure what to do since I am a traditional Bond fan and he won't be drinking martinis in the upcoming film. I will probably boycott it for a week or so. The trailer looks too good and I love Danial Craig as a person and actor.
2Es- Sputnikt+Strangeship 1PP- Bluebug
RIP Spatula, HerbitHermenBatSquash, Kiwi, Flour, and Friendlyfeat, Mi6, Grape, Umo, and Upsidedown

Lasuna

Post by Lasuna » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:22 pm

kip.rogers357 wrote: I absolutely hate even numbers, and can't have anything in evens. OCD is a pain!
I'm OCD too, except with Even numbers, and multiples of five. You can imagine how much it drove me nuts when I only had three hermit crabs. haha It even stretches to video games, having an odd number of arrows in RPG games drives me nuts.
Six Crabs: Purple Pinchers: Horus(one molt), Anubis(one molt), Set(molting?). Ecuadorians: Geb(one molt) Sekhmet(Two Molts), Shu (molting?)
Two Asthmatic Cats: Ena, Una

Skymall007

Post by Skymall007 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:00 am

I also have OCD lolz. I switch back and fourth, usually I like odd numbers. It has been getting better with therapy though. It does make you do odd things that is for sure :crabbigsmile:
2Es- Sputnikt+Strangeship 1PP- Bluebug
RIP Spatula, HerbitHermenBatSquash, Kiwi, Flour, and Friendlyfeat, Mi6, Grape, Umo, and Upsidedown