Remodeling!!

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
GabyRaven

Remodeling!!

Post by GabyRaven » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:38 am

Hey all!

I'm remodeling my crabitat today! Currently all I have in there are food/water dishes, a coconut hide, and a net-type fabric for them to climb as I don't have much money to buy expensive toys. Any DIY ideas for a crabitat? Making a shell shop first, and I want to make two layers in the tank. It's a 10 gal with 6" of sub

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Remodeling!!

Post by GotButterflies » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:41 am

Hello! There is a DIY section under the forums. Are you upgrading to a new tank?
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
GabyRaven

Post by GabyRaven » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:01 pm

Oops! Didn't know that, sorry! And no, I just redid the layout and added many more toys for the babies, though I'm looking to upgrade soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:53 am

No apology necessary- we are here to help one another! :) It is always fun adding more toys! Post a picture when you are done!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:45 am

GabyRaven wrote:Hey all!

I'm remodeling my crabitat today! Currently all I have in there are food/water dishes, a coconut hide, and a net-type fabric for them to climb as I don't have much money to buy expensive toys. Any DIY ideas for a crabitat? Making a shell shop first, and I want to make two layers in the tank. It's a 10 gal with 6" of sub
An inexpensive second level moss pit or shell shop can be made using a suction cup soap dish or shower caddy. Check out your local dollar store for these items and also for artificial flowers/plants and plastic baskets. Don't forget thrift stores for artificial vines and cool ceramic items than can serve as hides for the crabs!
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

TazandBruce3

Post by TazandBruce3 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:33 pm

A really cute DIY you can do is to make your own crab hut/ramp!

All you need are sticks (of all thicknesses), hot glue, and shell decor (optional)

You take two thick sticks and glue them together at the top like an x shape.
From here you glue sticks around until you make a hut like shape, and then decorate!

This is what It might come out to look like^^
Proud Owner of 3 Purple Pinchers:

Taz the Runner
Gatsby the Escape Artist
Lissette the Climber

Gone But Not Forgotten:

Bruce the Gentle Giant

"Verily, there is heavenly reward for every act of kindness done to a living animal."-Prophet Muhammad

Topic author
GabyRaven

Post by GabyRaven » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:14 am

You guys are the best! I remodeled the tank and I think it came out pretty darn cool :) Still gonna put vines in but I haven't had the chance to buy them yet, as I'm in at my dads house for the weekend. I go back today though, so I'll post pics later on to show you all how it turned out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
GabyRaven

Remodeling!!

Post by GabyRaven » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:36 pm

ITS DONE!! It came out wonderful I think, I put in a climbing tower/hide thing, two moss pits (one suspended in a hammock), a wooden bridge/hide, a shell shop on the second level, a coconut fiber background to climb, and a climbing vine! It's a crabby playground! Pics below!

(Tuna is LOVING the vine, I just got home and installed it and he's already climbing it! :)

isadoraisacat

Post by isadoraisacat » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:51 pm

Sorry to be a bugaboo but is that hermit pellets ? If so don't feed them that consult the safe foods list her or buy food from the hermit crab patch if not sorry

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

HermiesIsMine

Post by HermiesIsMine » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:14 am

Love the set up by the way very cute and nice use of a 10g Tuna is so cute love love her color!

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk