Exo Terra ?

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
Skymall007

Exo Terra ?

Post by Skymall007 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:39 pm

Recently an animal rescue in California shut down and the international reptile rescue has taken in over 30 animals including 5hermits. I am taking them on with the hope of finding them new homes (I can't have hermits long term right now sadly). I know that I will need to get a hold of an enclosure but I do have my snake's old exo Terra that could maybe fit two (still don't know sizes yet). If I make the substrate higher in the back I think i can get it deep enough, especially if some of the crabs are smaller. Would an exo Terra be able to stand up to the pressure of the substrate? I will come back with more info as soon as I have it. Thank you in advance fellow hermit lovers :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
2Es- Sputnikt+Strangeship 1PP- Bluebug
RIP Spatula, HerbitHermenBatSquash, Kiwi, Flour, and Friendlyfeat, Mi6, Grape, Umo, and Upsidedown

Rawrgeous

Re: Exo Terra ?

Post by Rawrgeous » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:01 pm

I believe they've been used successfully if I'm remembering right. I think people have even used them as tank toppers by knocking out the bottom. If that doesn't work you could always try a temp tote crabitat. Honestly I'm sure they'll have better conditions with you whether it's perfect or not. I'm sure once you see the crabs you'll make a good judgement call. :)

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk

Cortnilin

Exo Terra ?

Post by Cortnilin » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:04 pm

I use one and it works well. I have ten inches of sub in the back and the sub reaches the vents in the front...no issues. The eco terra I bought is certified to hold water in the bottom (I'm sure they all are) and has no prob with the weight of the sand. However, if I were to ever move it, I would remove the sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Skymall007

Re: Exo Terra ?

Post by Skymall007 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:12 pm

Thank you guys so much :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
2Es- Sputnikt+Strangeship 1PP- Bluebug
RIP Spatula, HerbitHermenBatSquash, Kiwi, Flour, and Friendlyfeat, Mi6, Grape, Umo, and Upsidedown