California Adopters

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
MissFrost

California Adopters

Post by MissFrost » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:54 pm

SACRAMENTO

I live in Sacramento and am willing to travel short distances to pick up any crabs that need a home. I currently own a 90g tank, and two 40g tanks, having a total of 26 crabs. I also have two 10g tanks that I use for isolation or integration. I have both PP's and E's. I have been crabbing since the summer of 2013. Please contact me via PM, or through the HCA Facebook page.

LAST UPDATED:
Last edited by MissFrost on Mon May 16, 2016 11:53 am, edited 4 times in total.

jkodiak

San Francisco Bay Area

Post by jkodiak » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:59 pm

No longer accepting donations. Thank you.

LAST UPDATED: July 2018
Last edited by jkodiak on Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

citiliviey

Re: California Adopters

Post by citiliviey » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:09 am

VALLEJO

I live in Vallejo, CA and I would love to adopt, please PM me ! c:

LAST UPDATED:

Citizensubhuman

Post by Citizensubhuman » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:22 pm

SAN DIEGO

Hey all, I'm in the San Diego area and looking to take in some friends for my two small-med PPs (5 years and going strong!) in a 30 gallon tank with lots of climbing room and scenery.

Temperatures are good here so would even be willing to help facilitate a safe ship.

LAST UPDATED:

EmperorEtter

Post by EmperorEtter » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:11 pm

SAN DIEGO

I live in San Diego and I can only really travel as far north as Escondido. I have one crabitat a 40B with 4 crabs, three PPs and one E. They are all small size although the E is getting closer to medium. I've been keeping hermits for six months and I love these guys! I really want to get another E for my tank, but I can take any species easily. There is a good temp gradient, lots of climbing and half the tank is 50% substrate for those crabs that like the extreme depths for molting hahaha. I can adopt 2 crabs with the amount of space I currently have.
You can PM me or email it doesn't matter. I would rather adopt then go buy a new crabbie if I can.

LAST UPDATED: 2/9/16

Shelz1976

Post by Shelz1976 » Sat May 07, 2016 11:10 pm

SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA

Hi I'm looking to adopt crabs near the San Francisco Bay area. I've done my research and prefer to adopt rather than buy from a store. I have room for a large crabitat and will provide a great home. Thanks for reading :)

LAST UPDATED:

tibored

Post by tibored » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:27 pm

LOS ANGELES

I live in Los Angeles and am looking for companions for Little Debbie, my large-ish PP who I've had for the past seven years.

Debbie's previous crabitat buddy was an Ecuadorian named Clyde who passed away in 2014. I was hesitant to take on new crabs after Clyde died because I was so sad when he passed. Shortly after that, I had to relocate several times for work and didn't feel equipped to take on new crabs until I was more settled. I ended up successfully moving Debbie with me from NYC to Atlanta (drove 20 hours with her crabitat in the backseat) and then from Atlanta to California (had to fly her across country--my husband flew out first so he could set up a crabitat in California for her and scoop her up as soon as she landed--here's a video of Debbie busting out of her travel carrier once he got her safely transported to our new home: https://instagram.com/p/-uJawJJZyi/ (I've never been prouder of my baby girl for surviving that journey!) Now that I'm finally settled in LA for the long run, I'd really like to give Debbie the hermie companionship that she so rightfully needs and deserves.

Debbie is currently in a 30 gallon tank with lots of climbers, plants, and hiding spots. I circulate frog moss and sphagnum moss into her crabitat as well. She seems to prefer a 70/30 sand and coconut fiber substrate mix and I use a combination of lights and heaters to keep her tank warm and humid. Most recently I installed a water bubbler in her fresh water pool to enhance humidity. Debbie has molted regularly for the past seven years and has graduated from a 3/4" opening shell when I got her to the 2 1/2 inch opening shell that she currently resides in. Here's a recent video of Debbie in her current crabitat: https://instagram.com/p/BEo84ZpCfDZ/

I also enjoy preparing gourmet meals for Little Debbie, you can see some of them here: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/dinnerfordebbie/ She especially loves any leafy greens: kale is a favorite. She also has a sweet tooth--she'll go for dried coconut and sweet veggies or fruit first.

I'd prefer to adopt, but because Deb's been without hermie friends for so long now, I'm not totally opposed to going to a pet store if has to come to that. I'm willing to pick up in the LA area, and don't need extra supplies (I have plenty of food, decor, shells, and a backup tank).

Please email me if you have questions or leads on LA-area crabs in need of adoption: teenmetal at gmail.com

LAST UPDATED: