Instructions for Archiving! Please read...

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
NaRnAR
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by NaRnAR » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:53 pm

Do they show up in the Archive Food & Water forum Jeff?

The ACT only have permissions for the archive forums, not for the current/general forums...which is why Mac or/and I have to move your posts from the current forums to the archive forums.
NasTang crabby since 9/02
HappyHermit Foods! at...TheHermitCrabPatch

cranlsn

Post by cranlsn » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:39 pm

I only have the extras in the archive forum...as it sounds like it should be.

We're only dechattering, and archiving new or "unique" posts. Do we search for similar topics to see if it's already been discussed?

Are the "keepers" considered to be of the "I have a question/problem", "Here's the solution" variety? i.e. Should I just be moving the posts that say "Here's my crabitat what do you think?"...to the deletables?

Thanks....looking forward to getting to at least part of a page a day! I hope...my enthusiasm may wane after a while! :lol:

BAB

Post by BAB » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:56 am

Read :)

Will read the others posts... and go look over the new ones...

:D
Last edited by BAB on Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
**Crabbing since July 2005*~*100+ successful molts**
I have a total of 2 PP's

Note:My information on crab care is NOT the only way to do things. Please research your topics.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:34 pm

Am i doing this right? click here.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:53 pm

I messed up! I pressed split from topic on accident! viewtopic.php?p=236499#236499 is supposed to be in viewtopic.php?t=26407 .

Topic author
NaRnAR
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by NaRnAR » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:08 am

I will check out your posts and answer your Q Cranlsn when I get back from the dr. today...just wanted to let you know I did read them...but didnt have time to answer them. :|

Topic author
NaRnAR
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by NaRnAR » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:30 pm

Sorry its taken 8 years to get back with you all, its been ahectic week as I didnt think classes started till Sept but they started THIS week! :shock:

Anywho! You all are doing fabulous! Shebby should be able to join the fun here soon as she is getting highspeed internet *yeay!* :D
cranlsn wrote:We're only dechattering, and archiving new or "unique" posts. Do we search for similar topics to see if it's already been discussed?

Are the "keepers" considered to be of the "I have a question/problem", "Here's the solution" variety? i.e. Should I just be moving the posts that say "Here's my crabitat what do you think?"...to the deletables?
Yes you can search for topics that are similar, that would be good if you have the time todothat...otherwise if you have seen the topic brought up a bunch, just save the ones that are most informative.

Yea if there are posts that have the persons crabitiat and then everyone saying "oh thats neat" but theres no information/questions/problems then its safe to put into the deletables.

ALHC, the one where you wanted to know if you were doing it right is perfect! With the other one, copy and pasting like you did is the only way to get it back in there, sothat is fine as well :) You could probably go back and take out the parts where you say you "messed up"...its fine the way you fixed it and noone has to know what happened ;)