Hermies Kitchen offering 25% off this week

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
Motörcrab

Hermies Kitchen offering 25% off this week

Post by Motörcrab » Sun May 20, 2018 12:24 pm

I Know a lot of people here have ordered from Hermies Kitchen. I saw on their Instagram that they are offering 25% off orders over $10! It's a really good good deal if anyone was looking to try out some new food. At checkout enter MAY25 in the discount section. I don't know if it is good until the 25th or the end of May.

Sorry if this post isn't allowed. I figured it is a good deal not to share with everyone. Please take down if necessary.
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

ciaraalston

Re: Hermies Kitchen offering 25% off this week

Post by ciaraalston » Wed May 23, 2018 1:27 am

WOW! I didn't know about Hermie's kitchen. The prices are great and such variety! Thanks for the info, i ordered a PP sample pack and some cholla wood. :D
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

Topic author
Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Thu May 24, 2018 5:57 am

We ordered the PP and E sample packs before. Our crabs loved the variety of switching up their foods. Some they liked more than others. The packets are tiny but they go a long way. We received that order in early April and have a good bit of some but ran out of others. That was using it for two tanks. I color coded all the labels for fruits, protiens, plant, and various to make it easier sorthing through them. I even went as far as to log what I gave them at each feeding to help mix up their meals.

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:21 am

Motörcrab wrote:We ordered the PP and E sample packs before. Our crabs loved the variety of switching up their foods. Some they liked more than others. The packets are tiny but they go a long way. We received that order in early April and have a good bit of some but ran out of others. That was using it for two tanks. I color coded all the labels for fruits, protiens, plant, and various to make it easier sorthing through them. I even went as far as to log what I gave them at each feeding to help mix up their meals.

Sorry, just saw this! So my order FINALLY shipped yesterday! And they had a free shipping weekend so i ordered some more food. I have some left over from a haul from Hermit Crab Patch, and i got creative and started storing some in baby food jars. My boyfriend has a baby sister and i'm stealing all their empty jars. :lol: :lol:
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.

Hermie225

Post by Hermie225 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:24 pm

I ordered during the 25% off sale too. Arrived today and with an unexpected little freebie sample size of hemp seeds!
The Rusty’s Down by the Bay is always a hit in my tank, and snake skin and lobster will be a first! Lobster meal is nice and chunky with whole blackberries and some large chunks of exo. Excited to see what they think of the buffet tonight. ImageImageImage

Topic author
Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:30 pm

It's a bit late but this is our last order from Hermies Kitchen. All our crabs have been going nuts over the Healing Powder. They have been just devouring that over everything else. We went with the large bags rather than the smaller sample packs. It's a bit overwhelming ordering food for them since they have such a huge selection.ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:36 pm

Nice!! I love HK!!

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

BlitzNeedsBatteries

Post by BlitzNeedsBatteries » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:51 am

This site sounds awesome. I'll definitely order some stuff. I know I want to get some leaf litter because I have no idea where I can get some where I live that's not pesticide covered. Any suggestions on what else I should get? Thanks.

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:24 am

BlitzNeedsBatteries wrote:This site sounds awesome. I'll definitely order some stuff. I know I want to get some leaf litter because I have no idea where I can get some where I live that's not pesticide covered. Any suggestions on what else I should get? Thanks.
I've tried their purple pinchers sample pack and it was alright. My crabs liked it.
I've had the best luck with leaf litter from TheHealthyHermit on etsy. I've also tried the hermit crab patch as well, that's where I ordered my worm castings and honey coral calcium. There's some other stores to shop with, but I don't remember the names and I haven't tried them yet.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

HHIhermies1004

Post by HHIhermies1004 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:23 pm

I order a lot from HK and I'm always pleased with what I get. I always order well in advance because their shipping time is a bit on the long side. I order their hermit crab subscription monthly on top of all the other food. I put the whole complete diet in one bowl and all the other "side items" in another. I never have any feeding issues that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, My name is Kristine
Hermit Crab Family includes 7 Hermies
JACK, BARBOSA, WILL, and DAVY JONES are E's.
3 PP's - Sao Feng, Tia Dama, and Elizabeth swan.