Donations

Please Help us out by donating!

Your contribution help pay for hosting and other site maintenance!

Sub Menu
Search

How do I make a ramp?

To discuss crab care products and businesses, new and old, good and bad. Retailers - please check the sticky post for the rules pertaining to businesses. Also for presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats.

Moderators: KellyCrabbieLove, Moderators (Senior), Moderators (Junior), Moderators (Standard)

How do I make a ramp?

PostAuthor: Huckleberry » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:02 pm

I recently got some nice new water dishes for my tank, they are glass vases that are around 8"x8"x8". I was initally thinking of using the craft mesh method that people use in their water dishes, but it has occurred to me that there is nowhere to zip tie them on! What should I use to make a ramp? I want my water dishes to stay nice and deep, but make sure my crabbies can easily get out. Any suggestions?
Thank you!
Proud crabber since 2009! I am so glad I found this site, I have learned so much about hermit crabs since joining. They are so much happier and healthier now! Thank you HCA!
Huckleberry

Re: How do I make a ramp?

PostAuthor: aussieJJDude » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:31 am

Why not just craft mesh zip tied onto a pice of rock or something out of the pool?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Crabs || Fish || Shrimp || Snails || Plants || Insects

25G Nano Freshwater || 64G Freshwater Community || 90G Fancy Goldie Pond || 64G Crabitat
I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'... They're just things I forgot I had planned to get || Self Designated 'HCA Pic Fan' 2012+
aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How do I make a ramp?

PostAuthor: Huckleberry » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:13 pm

aussieJJDude wrote:Why not just craft mesh zip tied onto a pice of rock or something out of the pool?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thank you! I'll try that! :)
Proud crabber since 2009! I am so glad I found this site, I have learned so much about hermit crabs since joining. They are so much happier and healthier now! Thank you HCA!
Huckleberry

Return to D.I.Y Projects & Product and Store Reviews