Zoo Med heat pad, medium

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
bbcraft22

Zoo Med heat pad, medium

Post by bbcraft22 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:03 am

my medium Zoo Med heat pad isn't working, because it was on and it was 72 degreees farenhiet and it was also that in the tank even though both of my heat pads were on.
"You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." -Jon Bunyan

Rawrgeous

Re: Zoo Med heat pad, medium

Post by Rawrgeous » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:01 am

Sorry to hear that. Testy uths.

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk

isadoraisacat

Post by isadoraisacat » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:33 pm

I'd recommend ultra them pads from.bean farm as.well as reptile basics. They work really well especially when insulated

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:52 pm

bbcraft22 wrote:my medium Zoo Med heat pad isn't working, because it was on and it was 72 degreees farenhiet and it was also that in the tank even though both of my heat pads were on.
Zoo Med, All Living Things and other "generic" heat mats are sold based on the size of the tank because they are really meant to serve as basking spots for reptiles and are actually placed under the reptile tank to create that warm spot. Unfortunately, with the exception of a Flukers brand mat, none of the pet store brands can be insulated to boost the heat. That's why so many crabbers opt for Ultratherm pads: they're easy to mount/remove, can be safely insulated if needed, come in a wide variety of sizes and are less costly than the pet store varieties. To get the optimum Ultratherm pad, measure the length and height of your tank then subtract the depth of the substrate from the height -- the resulting equation is the size Ultratherm you want to cover the back of the tank without dipping too far below the top of the substrate. ReptileBasics.com has the best prices and lowest shipping fee but BeanFarm.com (also sold through Amazon) has a wider selection of sizes.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster