ROSIEonFIRE wrote:Wow. This build is AMAZING. I have been wanting to upgrade my tat for a while and now i'm thinking that when I do this might be the route to go.
Couple of questions and sorry if this is a retread bc I'm just coming into this thread and it is long so I have only skimmed it but:
1. where is the freshwater pool?
2. How many crabs do you plan on keeping in here?
3. Are you just using the LED to light or are you using something else?
4. What's your UTH situation like?
5. How did you run the bubbler in?
6. Did you have to make a hole or does the exoterra have a hole already you can use?
7. Also, what are the temp/humidity stats so far?
8. Do you have the lid seran wrapped?
9. Are you gonna have a shell shop?
Please keep us updated with pics as the plants start to fill in! Also I would love to see pics of the whole thing w the crabs in it.
Thanks! As to the questions, I'm going to break them up a little bit to ensure I've answered all! (Nothing annoys me more than when you ask questions and you only get some answers back.)
1. Freshwater pool was not added when I took the pics - and in subsequent pics. Edit: I now have a small -visible on here! - dish of freshwater! Eventually - planning on the next couple of months - I plan to buy another tank and make that more of a jungle setup, and will also feature a nice freshwater pool.
2. For now, I plan on sticking on my 5. I have debated getting a straw or two for a species buddy, but I really want to see if my current straw at least pulls through his first moult before pulling the trigger. Once the v2 is completed, I may increase the colony slightly. But for now, 5.... I stock my tanks according to every square foot equates to one crab.
3. For now, just LED. I am going to add a UVB in the near future however.
4. Non- existent. I am using a CHE - ceramic heat emitter. I mentioned a few posts back on why I'm using a CHE, but mostly due to cost, efficiency and bills.
5. I just have it snaking down the side. I forgot to add the PVC pipe to hide cords with... *smack-forehead*
6. Exo-terra has holes on both sides with the larger models - only the small is one side. Here's a pic.
7. I have a little crappy gauge that I haven't tested in a while, but its pretty accurate as it closely matches google and my outdoor gauge. With doors closed, the area above the pool tends to be around 26C (think like 77F?) And 75-80% humidity. Underneath the CHE, temp is set at 33C (85F I think?) And humidity is in the lower 70s. I do plan on adding my fogger back for supplemental humidity, particularly underneath the CHE.
8. Nope. Just plexiglass I cut. I measured wrong, so there is a but of overhang but its mostly cosmetic so Im not worried.
9. Just one on the floor. Plan to have around 8-12 shells in there, rotated weekly. Planning on keeping things pretty 'light' for shells, and swap them out. I've found that the 'less' you have in there - while it can increase aggression issues - and the more you rotate, the more likely they are to shell shop. Doing so, I hope to simulate the crabs somewhat by 'providing new' shells.
Here's some pics. Two of the little ones where out, and they have been exploring all day.
Edit: and the pool.
Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk