Second level help!!

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
GRMU99

Second level help!!

Post by GRMU99 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:58 am

I need some ideas on what to use as an second level!! Right now i only have a corner shower caddy that I either gonna use it as a shell shop or a moss pit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 cats
Buddy and Belle

Hermiesguardian

Re: Second level help!!

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:35 pm

I get this shelf at walmart and just take the legs off. Then I attach burlap to it.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:35 am

I use a aquarium topper made for a hamster/rat for my crabs second level on my 10gal tank. I have 2 crabs and they both enjoy going to the 2nd level in their tank. Although it can be a pain to keep the humitiy (excuse my spelling) putting some cling wrap on the top will help keep the humitity levels up. If you decide not to do a second level, you could purchase a hermit crab climbing wall and maybe some natural (crabby safe) logs and sticks. Provide plenty of things for climbing on. You can buy a climbing background at Petco.com for $4.89 and I've heard that crabs LOVE it!!! I plan on purchasing one as well. If you do decide on a second level don't forget to include a little snack tray on the top level as well so they have something to eat if they don't want to come down just to get food.

:crabbigsmile:
(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:50 pm

I've seen the turtle log docks that attach to the side with magnets, those look cool!! Or you can hang a net, I've got a crochet net I hung for their shell shop. I've even seen folks use a basket turned upside down!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot