Hide away ideas please!

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
JenniferRallison

Hide away ideas please!

Post by JenniferRallison » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:58 am

Hey wanting to make some good hide away or decor items for my crabitate. Wanting to get some good diy ideas so I would love any suggestions and prefer so see some pictures ! The more ideas and pics the better thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PinchersAndShells

Re: Hide away ideas please!

Post by PinchersAndShells » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:20 pm

For hides you could make your own coconut hides! Here’s a video of someone making one on Youtube: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MKsJOAZUS20
You could also take a piece of Tupperware and turn it upside down. Cut a door and use 100% silicone to attach pebbles to make a rock cave!
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Seasalt, & Elvis
Captive Bred PP = Randy
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hide away ideas please!

Post by aussieJJDude » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:57 am

Unglazed terra lotta flowerpots? Put on their side, and you can always cover the opening with plastic plants and such.

Other good idea (that hasn't been mentioned above!) is using some driftwood (like flat peices, mopani is good for this) and then allowing them to dig their own cave underneath.

(PvC pipe buried in the sand is a good idea, or terra lotta pipes. Can also fill with moss! Could also make a small cave out of Tupperware.)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies