Where can I find plastic egg crate?

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Motörcrab

Re: Where can I find plastic egg crate?

Post by Motörcrab » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:00 pm

We made 4"x4" cubes out of egg crate and attached them to the background. That way the tension rods work. They also work as little second levels too.

If you check out the pictures we uploaded of our 65 you can see what I'm talking about. We just covered them with crab mesh!
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=121837
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Hermiesguardian

Re: Where can I find plastic egg crate?

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:26 pm

Motörcrab wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:00 pm
We made 4"x4" cubes out of egg crate and attached them to the background. That way the tension rods work. They also work as little second levels too.

If you check out the pictures we uploaded of our 65 you can see what I'm talking about. We just covered them with crab mesh!
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=121837
Aaahhh. Ok. In the meantime I found cupboard tension rods that will fit. Only problem is they're metal.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi