Building a multiple tank stand soon, but I have weight questions

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Scarletfire

Re: Building a multiple tank stand soon, but I have weight questions

Post by Scarletfire » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:40 am

KrankyKrab wrote: Yeh I know Image - I tested each side for 48 hrs. And I put 3 thick layers of silicone. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Silicone doesn't stick to silicone. If you did 3 thick lines, I hope it was 3 lines before they were cured. Also, the curing time is significantly longer. Silicone cures by reacting to moisture in the air, so the silicone in the middle will take a long time to be able to cure fully.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

KrankyKrab

Re: Building a multiple tank stand soon, but I have weight questions

Post by KrankyKrab » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:59 pm

Scarletfire wrote:Silicone doesn't stick to silicone. If you did 3 thick lines, I hope it was 3 lines before they were cured. Also, the curing time is significantly longer. Silicone cures by reacting to moisture in the air, so the silicone in the middle will take a long time to be able to cure fully.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Yes, I read that somewhere.... it took 3 weeks for me to be ready to set up in main tank. So far I’m ok. I’m waiting for my refractometer. I’m thinking if salt shoes up on my fresh side I’ll know it’s leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk