Attaching Plastic Egg Crate to Tank

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
jennaleigha

Attaching Plastic Egg Crate to Tank

Post by jennaleigha » Thu May 21, 2020 1:30 pm

Hi everyone!

I just received my new terrarium and have all the items ready to start putting it together. How do y’all reccomend attaching the plastic egg crate to the sides of tank? I can’t figure out what would be best to use.

Thanks in advance!
Jenna

Xenocrab

Re: Attaching Plastic Egg Crate to Tank

Post by Xenocrab » Thu May 21, 2020 3:17 pm

What size tank do you have? We use tension rods. I wrap them with hemp or jute rope so the crabbies can grip them. You can attach other climbing stuff to the egg crate too, like Cholla, fake plants and shelves. I recommend using a pair of sharp wore cutters for cutting it. Scissors are difficult and the plastic flies all over! Oh, and I attach the rope with zip ties so it doesn't come off or unravel.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

6 babies, 4 Es and 15 PPs.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri May 22, 2020 3:00 pm

Hi! I just wanted to say welcome to the HCA! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

C_fiesta

Post by C_fiesta » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:15 pm

Hiya! Welcome! I added it to my 65 gallon tank and honestly I didn't use anything to attach them! I put them in first and then added sand, the sand creates a LOT of pressure and pushes the egg crate against the tank walls. I can't even budge it when I want to, i.e use it to attach something too.
Hey! I'm Christine! I have 5 hermit crabs. Join me on Instagram @christinescrabcare. Also, checkout my Etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/christinescrabcare