Trying to make waterfall

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
Hermielover121

Trying to make waterfall

Post by Hermielover121 » Fri May 29, 2020 11:40 pm

I am building a new tank and I want to have a waterfall or two in there water dishes but the ones already made are soooo expensive. I was thinking that the waterfalls are just like the filters I have in my frog tank that it sucks in the water and spits it out as a water flow. I was thinking of sticking it in their water dishes and glueing rocks to it to make it look like a waterfall do you think that’s a good idea? Does anybody have an old one that still works but they don’t want it I am willing to do that to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverHermits

Re: Trying to make waterfall

Post by SilverHermits » Fri May 29, 2020 11:56 pm

I don't have an old one but I can suggest a type of filter. Aqueon QuietFlow3 E internal power filter, its works great with fresh and saltwater aquariums up to 3 gallons. They are about $25, Amazon has them. A lot of people have this type and it seems to work out very well.
Crabber for over 11 years
16 hermit crabs
13 Purple Pinchers, 2 Straws and a Brevi
Tanks: 100g, 75g, 29g+ a bunch of smaller ones

Topic author
Hermielover121

Post by Hermielover121 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:00 pm

Well I don’t think the filter is going to work out does anyone have an idea for one? Any advice is appreciated

Links

Post by Links » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:05 pm

There’s lots of videos on YouTube of making waterfalls. But I used the same filters Courtney Carr has in her bioactive crabitat video. I forget the brand. They are just internal filters. I think I would’ve rather used a pump instead of a filter. I covered mine with lava rock and the water flows down the rocks. Mine isn’t all that pretty but it’s not bad either. Also beware of tiny splash out. It will eventually cause a flood.

Topic author
Hermielover121

Post by Hermielover121 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:32 pm

Thanks for the response but how do you watch Courtney carrs videos I looked it up on the web but can’t seem to find it for some reason I have never seen any of her videos so I’m really interested in watching her things because I have heard she is a really good crabber.

Links

Post by Links » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:00 am

https://youtu.be/4ZvBcrxy8Ic

Misspelled last name. It’s Karr.

Waterfalls
https://youtu.be/OZIiGZD3AQ0
There are more waterfall videos but this is one.