AJ Hawk in a whelk shell

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
CallaLily

AJ Hawk in a whelk shell

Post by CallaLily » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:37 pm

I'm pretty sure it's an Atlantic Whelk shell... :?:

I put it in the 'tat months ago. I didn't expect anyone to try it on but I thought it couldn't hurt to see. When I pulled all the shells out yesterday to clean them, I almost didn't put it back in. I'm glad I did because Hawk dropped his african turbo and tried it on! Collins immediately dropped his murex for Hawk's african turbo so I was afraid Hawk would be stuck with his choice. However, at some point last night Collins put his murex back on and then Hawk changed back into his turbo.

random pics:
^Cinnamon
^either Myne or Elanor. I'm embarrassed to say I can no longer tell them apart. :oops:

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:07 pm

Giggies is wearing that kind of shell, and has been in it for almost a month. I caught him in a turbo the other day, but he was back in that brown shell within 10 minutes. Odd little crabs, aren't they? :hlol:
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:27 am

Thank you.

Giggies is adorable wodesorel! Hawk is now wearing my biggest shell, a jade turbo that I purchased for Mallorn. I can't believe he is almost as large as Mallorn now (though in this shell he appears larger). I need to pick up some more jumbo shells!!

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Don't feel bad about not being able to tell who is who at all. I lost track of mine last summer. :|

Beautiful crab and shell! I wish I could get my guys into those shells.

annopia

Post by annopia » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:14 am

i think we all at one time or another get confused as to who is who...i've got about 5 PPs that i can never seem to tell apart, and two ruggies who enjoy making things difficult for me :D

very beautiful crabs...i wish i could get mine to switch into such cool shells!

Caroline
26 LHC: 6 PPs, 5 Es, 1 Straw, 6 Ruggies, 2 Indos, 1 Blueberry, 4 Violas, 1 Aussie