New Pet Ideas?

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

CrabbyLover77

Re: Moving UTH

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:57 pm

crabs_lex wrote: I think its down to land snails or millipedes!(like I originally thought lol) I know where I can get snails for sure but not millipedes. But I will be doing more research and let you all know what I get. I will not be getting them yet though. Maybe in a month or so :)
Sounds good! I'm always up for seeing pics of non conventional pets hehe. Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 1 Pomeranian, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 11 hermit crabs.
"Animals are my friends, and I don’t eat my friends".
-George Bernard Shaw

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: New Pet Ideas?

Post by wodesorel » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:51 am

Research which species of millipede you are considering, not all do great in captivity, and not all will breed easily if you wanted to keep them going over time! Like hermits, many are wild caught because they look cool. I tried several myself before fully understanding and it ended in heartbreak. Loved my bumblebee millis! Isopods got in their enclosure and wiped out all the babies and I lost them.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
crabs_lex

Re: New Pet Ideas?

Post by crabs_lex » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:36 am

wodesorel wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:51 am
Research which species of millipede you are considering, not all do great in captivity, and not all will breed easily if you wanted to keep them going over time! Like hermits, many are wild caught because they look cool. I tried several myself before fully understanding and it ended in heartbreak. Loved my bumblebee millis! Isopods got in their enclosure and wiped out all the babies and I lost them.
oh no! but yeah thank you for that advice!!