Wasatch Reptile Expo

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

Topic author
ErikRasmussen

Wasatch Reptile Expo

Post by ErikRasmussen » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:46 pm

Each Fall and Spring I like to go to the local reptile expo. Local breeders and private shops have booths set up. There is also a presence of the bigger brands. They have animals to buy, and some for show. It's a lot of fun.

Unfortunately hermit crabs aren't a huge presence there and the small presence they do have is as a small "easy" "throw away" pet.

I know they'd be open to a hermit crab booth if I ever had the time and crabs to sell. But it may be fun to educate people. Either way I always get a lot of inspiration for tanks and care from this event. Definitely exercised all my self restraint in not buying a tortoise.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

ciaraalston

Re: Wasatch Reptile Expo

Post by ciaraalston » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:02 am

The H.E.R.P.S expo comes around twice a year and we LOVE IT! Lots of snake breeders, turtles, spiders, fish, etc. The event is always 3 days will amazing turn out! We spend an entire day just drooling over the animals. :hlol: The last time they came around was the first time i saw any hermit crabs there. The set up was decent, honestly it was probably the best he could do for travelling. I didn't buy any because we weren't set up for more at the time, but i might consider it next time. Out of all the vendors present each time, i've only seen ONE that wasn't treating animals correctly. Thankfully, nobody bought from him and most of the people that stopped by his booth were only there to attempt to educate him. We love the expo, the next one is in November i believe. :D
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

Topic author
ErikRasmussen

Re: Wasatch Reptile Expo

Post by ErikRasmussen » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:06 pm

I think it would be cool to out together an HCA info sheet of how to contact us and access our thread. We could give the card to vendors to give away with each hermit crab. Then crabs would have the right care and the vendors would get more sales.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk