Butterfly hatched!

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

Topic author
Cococrabgirl!

Butterfly hatched!

Post by Cococrabgirl! » Fri May 17, 2019 10:52 am

MORE PICTURES! I will post a video of him hatching on my YouTube channel SULDLife. But for right now enjoy the pics!ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

My pets! Trixie(dachshund) Bella(yorkie poo) Hermy(female pp) Dory(male pp) (btw I named Hermy and Dory before I new their gender oops) lots of Marimos!

Topic author
Cococrabgirl!

Re: Butterfly hatched!

Post by Cococrabgirl! » Fri May 17, 2019 10:56 am

There are better pictures coming and at this very moment I am posting the video of him hatching! Image

My pets! Trixie(dachshund) Bella(yorkie poo) Hermy(female pp) Dory(male pp) (btw I named Hermy and Dory before I new their gender oops) lots of Marimos!

Topic author
Cococrabgirl!

Post by Cococrabgirl! » Fri May 17, 2019 10:59 am

I forgot to say his name is Rawr! Image

Topic author
Cococrabgirl!

Post by Cococrabgirl! » Fri May 17, 2019 12:02 pm

Here are the better pictures of Rawr! ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Topic author
Cococrabgirl!

Post by Cococrabgirl! » Fri May 17, 2019 12:03 pm

Here are some more!ImageImageImageImage

Topic author
Cococrabgirl!

Post by Cococrabgirl! » Fri May 17, 2019 12:11 pm

One more! I forgot my giant swallowtails love the hibiscus! ImageImage

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:36 pm

He is beautiful!

Topic author
Cococrabgirl!

Post by Cococrabgirl! » Fri May 17, 2019 5:47 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote:He is beautiful! Image
Thank you!

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Fri May 17, 2019 6:35 pm

Cool! Was Rawr from a school project or some sort of hatch you own butterfly kit or did you find a pupae in the wild? How long did it take for it to hatch?
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:02 pm

So beautiful!!!ImageI quite enjoy rescuing butterflies Image So far I've rescued and saved 2 butterflies. Here's a picture if one sipping nectar out of a sponge. (One of the best pictures I've ever takenImage)Image

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:02 pm

scuttlecrusty22 wrote:So beautiful!!!ImageI quite enjoy rescuing butterflies Image So far I've rescued and saved 2 butterflies this year. Here's a picture if one sipping nectar out of a sponge. (One of the best pictures I've ever takenImage)Image

(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

Topic author
Cococrabgirl!

Post by Cococrabgirl! » Fri May 17, 2019 8:05 pm

scuttlecrusty22 wrote:So beautiful!!!ImageI quite enjoy rescuing butterflies Image So far I've rescued and saved 2 butterflies. Here's a picture if one sipping nectar out of a sponge. (One of the best pictures I've ever takenImage)Image

Omg so cute! Thank you for rescuing them! That picture is amazing! Just curious do you that was a tiger swallowtail?

scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:09 pm

Cococrabgirl! wrote:Omg so cute! Thank you for rescuing them! That picture is amazing! Just curious do you that was a tiger swallowtail?

No I didn'tImage These butterflies are very popular in my area. I enjoy helping all the butterflies I can each year. As I mentioned I have rescued 2 this year.ImageThe one in the picture was found on an ice machine outside of a grocery store. I'm so glad we had to buy ice that dayImageImageImage

Topic author
Cococrabgirl!

Post by Cococrabgirl! » Fri May 17, 2019 8:16 pm

Motörcrab wrote:Cool! Was Rawr from a school project or some sort of hatch you own butterfly kit or did you find a pupae in the wild? How long did it take for it to hatch?
I have been raising giant swallowtails for about four years now. I thank I have hatched about 34 butterflies. We have three citrus trees in our backyard and just one day discovered that there were caterpillars. At first we thought they were tiger swallowtails but then shortly discovered they were giant swallowtail butterflies. I will raise the caterpillars from egg or if I find them already hatched I will take them in. I would say the hole process take two months I could be wrong. If you get freshly laid eggs then it will take them a week to hatch but if you get older eggs 2 to 4 days. I think they are a caterpillar for a month and then the cocoon time about twenty days. I take them from the wild so hopefully I will help more survive and make it to butterflies. I hoped this help answer your question! Sorry if any thing is confusing I am really tired.

Topic author
Cococrabgirl!

Post by Cococrabgirl! » Fri May 17, 2019 8:18 pm

scuttlecrusty22 wrote:No I didn'tImage These butterflies are very popular in my area. I enjoy helping all the butterflies I can each year. As I mentioned I have rescued 2 this year.ImageThe one in the picture was found on an ice machine outside of a grocery store. I'm so glad we had to buy ice that dayImageImageImage

Aw poor little guy. I bet he is glad to you found him!