DO YOU HAVE MARINE HERMIT CRAB(S)?

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

DO YOU HAVE MARINE HERMIT CRABS?

Yes
17%
No
83%

Total votes: 86

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:38 pm

:( sounds like it! is he the only guy in your tank or do you have fish in it, etc?

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:54 am

We only have 2 small damsels in with him and they leave him alone. Other than that he's the only other critter in there. My Hubby thinks he is molting but I didn't think it was supposed to take very long. He seems to be doing his own thing and doesn't move around a whole lot. I hesitate to do anything with him because I don't want to stress the little guy out any more. NEVER trust Petco. We found out when I got my 2 terrestrials that they are one of the absolute worst places to get salt water anything. Petsmart guarantees all pets for 14 days. Whether it be hermits or fish or cats and dogs etc. I am just hoping that Spaz will pull out of it because he is a really cool little marine crab.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:56 pm

Do you know what type of crab it was?

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:44 pm

We have no clue. We've been trying to figure it out and have been researching anything we kind find on these little guys. Unfortunately we don't know if he is going to make it but have learned NEVER buy your salt water pets from Petco. Seek out a reputable store that specializes in exotics. If I could get him to sit still long enough to take a pic that wasn't one big fuzz ball I would but he is still active which is at least something. :roll:

Mamakins

Post by Mamakins » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:17 am

No but I have often wondered if a large enough tank could be devided part LHC and part MHC. I love watching them in the petstore.
Laura: AKA MOM! Crabby since May 07
Mom to Evan 19, Trevor 16, Justin 14, Warren 12
Hermit crabs, created geckos, box turtle and Uromastyx.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:03 pm

No I don't, but when I visited the pet shop I saw fiddler crabs. They were waving their big pinchers in the air. I thought that they were dancing, so I started to mouth some techno music at them. Da-na da-na DA DA! My kids thought it was funny. It reminded me of the episode of Spongebob where the jellyfish took over Spongebob's house. They were dancing 'til all hours of the night, in unison in his basement with those huge sub woofers... :headbang:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:47 pm

LOL...amazingly enough Spaz has gotten in a shell. One that is too big but a shell no less. So I am looking at that as progress. I am finding that the Marine crabs are harder than my little Terrestrial ones. :roll:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:42 am

phew!!! Its good to know that he has decided to put some clothes back on :) Hope he doesn't decide to streak again!!!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:53 am

He is playing with shells. The other shell he holed up in was too big and he went bouncing through the tank with it trying to move because the shell itself was too big so he got out of it and is in a shell that is too big but still heavy. You would think with 15 different shells in there of varying sizes he'd find one that fits...LOL. :roll:

Hermy88

Post by Hermy88 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:38 am

I got some by mistake earlier this month. But they only lasted 2 days because I didn't know what they were ( although I knew they were hermit crabs and they were tiny ) and I didn't know what to do with them. So only briefly did I own any.

Hugs and kisses to all of my beloved hermies! I miss and love you. You mean the world to me and I love you.

See you again someday.

Mommy.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:13 am

nope. don't have a tank for them...

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:03 pm

yes, I have marine crabbies! I dont know how many I currently have but I love 'em :lol: !!!!!!!!!!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:40 am

marine hermies are cool. i don't have any, but i don't really want any. i think i am just going to stick with land hermies. i'm not crazy about pets that live in water. one reason is because most water pets you can't cuddle. :(

Hermy88

Post by Hermy88 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:56 pm

Yeah that kinda of sucks that you can't cuddle with them. But they're still pretty and cute.

Hugs and kisses to all of my beloved hermies! I miss and love you. You mean the world to me and I love you.

See you again someday.

Mommy.