What are these crabs found on beach????

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

Topic author

What are these crabs found on beach????

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:52 pm

The boys came back from the beach... and found these...

What are they??? I'm sure that we will need to return them in the morning... as the beaches are closed now.

They are white and brown...It was hard to get a clear picture.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:23 am

they are marine hermit crabs :D

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:26 am

Too bad... they had some really nice shells...

And the teeny tiny ones are adorable. But I can't care for them ... so the must return.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:10 pm

They slightly resemble an Equadorian (I doubt I spelled that right) crab.
Although I know that they aren't marine. I'll look into that though! I love an usolved hermie mystery! :)

EGcrabber

Post by EGcrabber » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:10 pm

Marine crabs always look so exotic and alot different from land crabs. They're pretty cool. Be sure to return that one soon though, my friend got some in a bucket once and they all died within two days. :(
One medium PP: Gizmo

May you rest in peace, Stark, Blue lightning, Rivulet, Floyd, Shocker, Scyfer, Brad, Weasel, and Farik
10 successful molts
2 bad

Hermy88

Post by Hermy88 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:34 pm

EGcrabber wrote:Marine crabs always look so exotic and alot different from land crabs. They're pretty cool. Be sure to return that one soon though, my friend got some in a bucket once and they all died within two days. :(
I know what you mean. I once got Marine hermies by mistake instead of the Land hermies that I was going to get and they only last about a day or two. I have pics but it's not worth posting them since you can't see crap.

Any way if you find marine hermies in the wild don't keep them long. They are cute but it's better to see them alive and happy in their natural habitat right? :D And you can always go back and visit them too.

Hugs and kisses to all of my beloved hermies! I miss and love you. You mean the world to me and I love you.

See you again someday.

Mommy.