MHC accidentally taken home from Gulf of Mexico

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

OIF_VET

Post by OIF_VET » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:36 am

If the Hydrometer is Like Mine (Oceanic) All ya gotta Do is Dunk the entire Unit into the Water to fill it up, there is an Overflow type thing, this is okay, it is how it works. Once the water has leveled off, Look at the Pointer needle thing. It should be pointing to some numbers in a Guage.
After you are done measuring, be sure to rinse it in fresh water, otherwise the Pointer wont function properly.
Did any of this make sense?
Welcome to the HCA! Advice for the Stressed, Owners and Crabs alike.
Been Crabby Since 8/16/05 Land, Marine Hermit Crabs Since Summer '04
Currently Have 4 PPs. I have Countless Successful Molts!
MY "Lil Dudes"

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:26 am

I tried that but it looks odd. I don't know if I'm doing it right or not. Well, all I know is that the baby is doing GOOD! He is running around like there is no tomorrow. :)

Mamakins

Post by Mamakins » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:22 am

Any update??
Laura: AKA MOM! Crabby since May 07
Mom to Evan 19, Trevor 16, Justin 14, Warren 12
Hermit crabs, created geckos, box turtle and Uromastyx.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:51 pm

Woon is still doing great. He's pimping his aquarium. [He's changing shells every time I turn around. I moved closer to the coast and went to the ocean and actually brought him home some fresh salt water. Things are going well!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:15 am

Just wanted to let ya'll know that Woon is doing great. Still alive and kicking. He has moved further north with the lady who originally found him on the beach and gave him to me. He has molted and she called me all upset that he was dead. But a week later she called back saying "It's a miracle!" :hlol: I had told her the first time he was probably molting. Anyway, he's still alive and well and I want to say thank you all for your help in helping me set up his environment! :)