Verrilli's hermit crabs

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

Topic author

Verrilli's hermit crabs

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:41 pm

These bright blue marine crabs are endemic to Bermuda and they're pretty awesome if you ask me. I picked them up on a snorkel collection trip for one of my classes. These crabs are sexually dimorphic in shell selection, the guys use portable shells while the girls stay in tubes made by marine worms. Here's one running around on the lab bench...

more info on these awesome critters here http://www.thecephalopodpage.org/Marine ... rilli.html

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:20 pm

It is a very cute hermie. What will you end up doing with them?

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:57 pm

This guy happened to get stuck to a rock we brought in for my marine invert zoology class, we were supposed to be looking for worms, I got a bit distracted however, haha.

Hermy88

Post by Hermy88 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:55 am

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you...... :D

I now know that these are what I got by mistake early in October. Thank you! And they're adorable.

Hugs and kisses to all of my beloved hermies! I miss and love you. You mean the world to me and I love you.

See you again someday.

Mommy.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:50 am

I think they sell those in marine aquarium stores, I got a lot that look like that running around in my tank.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:17 pm

Those are Dwarf Blue Legs and they are very common, especially in Florida and places around there. I have a caresheet for these guys if your interested. :)